The human body is a very complicated structure that consists of a wide range of organs and processes. This makes it very challenging for students to grasp the basic knowledge of the science. Whether you are a student of medicine, nursing, massage, or biology, the following 45 trivia anatomy and physiology quiz questions and answers will test your understanding.
Anatomy And Physiology Quiz Questions And Answers
1. The circulatory system is comprised of blood vessels, blood, and which organ?
2. What is the total number of teeth in adults?
3. What do we call the process in the body to maintain the normal state?
4. Which form of joint is the thumb joint?
5. What is the heaviest organ in the body?
6. In which body part can we find the smallest bone?
7. What is the strongest muscle in the human body?
A. Biceps or upper arm
8. Which of the following is the result of our body’s defence mechanism against foreign bacteria?
C. Mucous membranes
9. Which part connects bones and muscles?
10. In which body part are new blood cells are produced?
11. The majority of digestion takes place in which part of the body?
B. Small intestine
C. Large intestine
12. Which process refers to chemical and physical reactions or changes occurring within the human body?
13. In adult human bodies, how many bones are there in total?
14. Where is urine stored in the body before it is released through urination?
15. How much of human urine is water?
A. Up to 74 per cent
B. Up to 84 per cent
C. Up to 94 per cent
16. How long does it take for kidneys to clean all blood in the body?
A. Around 1 hour
B. Around 5 hours
C. Around 1 day
17. Which of the following organs belong to the central nervous system?
B. Spinal cord
C. Both of them
18. What is the main role of the spinal cord?
A. Transport nutrients to different body parts
B. Transmit signals between the brain and other body parts
C. Control the operation of brain nerves
19. In addition to the immune system, which body part also specializes in self-defence?
A. Endocrine system
B. Lymphatic system
C. Respiratory system
20. Which fluid in our mouths contain substances that can kill germs?
21. What is the first line of defence of the body against germs?
22. What do we call the reaction of the human body to pollens?
A. An infection
B. A macrophage
C. An allergy
23. What is the name of the muscular tube that connects the mouth and the stomach?
C. Small intestine
24. What is the role of the liver in digestion?
A. Anchor muscles
B. Absorb oxygen
C. Produce bile
25. Which type of teeth is responsible for tearing and gripping foods?
26. What happens in your large intestine during digestion?
A. Minerals and water are absorbed
B. Bile is produced
C. Nutrients are absorbed
27. The olfactory bulb is located in which sense organ?
A. The nose
B. The ear
C. The skin
28. What do we call the outer area of the skin?
29. What is the approximate number of taste buds on human tounges?
A. Around 1,000
B. Around 10,000
C. Around 1 million
30. What is the coloured part of the eye?
C. Vitreous humour
31. Which sense in the body provides up to two-thirds of the information we receive from surroundings?
32. What do we call the tiny air sacs through which oxygen passes into the bloodstream?
33. Which large blood vessels play a key role in carrying oxygen-rich blood away from the heart?
34. In which organ does blood absorb nutrients to transport to other body parts?
B. Small intestine
35. What is the main role of the stomach?
A. Turn foods into mush
B. Produce bile
C. Break foods into chunks
36. What is the longest part of the digestive system?
A. Small intestine
37. Which part in the throat is responsible for producing sounds?
38. Which of the following blood cells can protect our bodies against bacteria and viruses?
A. Red blood cells
C. White blood cells
39. What is the normal resting heart beat in a healthy adult?
40. The last one in this list of anatomy and physiology quiz questions and answers: What is the hardest substance in the human body?
41. What is the largest internal organ in the human body?
42. At which age does the reproductive system in the human body develop?
43. Which of the following does NOT happen when we sleep?
A. Body temperature decreases
B. Brain processes information
C. Heart rate increases
44. Teeth are part of which system in the human body?
A. Skeletal system
B. Digestive system
C. Cardiovascular system
45. Which organ is responsible for breaking down drugs or medications?
We hope these anatomy and physiology quiz questions and answers can help you remember what you have learned or give you more interesting facts. If you want to learn more, feel free to check out the following trivia blood quiz, foot quiz, this biology quiz, or this data mining quiz.