Since ancient times, gold has always been an important measure of wealth. Few metals have the value and importance of this rare and beautiful element. Let’s take a look at the following 30 gold quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Gold Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What is the symbol of gold in the periodic table?
2. What is the colour of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California?
3. Gold is malleable. What does it mean?
A. It can be rolled into tiny balls without sharp edges
B. It is so hard and cannot be hammered or stretched into different shapes
C. It may be hammered thin, curved or stretched into different shapes
4. Which athlete holds the all-time record for winning 23 gold medals in the Summer Olympic Games?
A. Larisa Latynina
B. Michael Phelps
C. Paavo Nurmi
5. Which country is the world’s largest producer of gold in 2021?
6. The world’s largest gold bar was made by the Mitsubishi Materials Corporation in 2005. How much did it weigh?
A. 250 kilograms
B. 500 kilograms
C. 1,050 kilograms
7. Due to its similar look to gold, iron sulfide or pyrite is also known as what?
A. Gold’s twin
B. Fool’s gold
C. Gold’s brother
8. The world’s largest solid gold sculpture, which contains up to 5.5 metric tonnes of gold, is located in which country?
9. Which of the following facts is true about gold?
A. It is the heaviest metal
B. It is the most precious metal
C. It is the only metal with a yellow colour
10. Which unit is used to measure the purity of gold?
A. Troy ounce
11. Which of the following is a physical feature of gold?
A. It can be pulled by magnets
B. It may resist corrosion
C. It can conduct electricity
12. How much pure gold is there in 24-carat gold?
A. 50 per cent
B. 75 per cent
C. 100 per cent
13. Which type of gold is a mixture of pure gold, silver, and palladium?
A. White gold
B. Rose gold
C. Yellow gold
14. In which country can you visit the Gold Coast, a city that is famous for its surfing spots, long sandy beaches, and a system of inland waterways and canals?
A. New Zealand
15. How to say “gold” in German?
16. In the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, what are sent to on the fifth day of Christmas?
A. 5 golden necklaces
B. 5 golden rings
C. 5 golden coins
17. According to a fable by Aesop, which animal laid the golden eggs?
A. A chicken
B. A duck
C. A goose
18. Which natural event would turn water into gold?
19. How did the ancient Greek physicist Archimedes test whether a crown was made of pure gold?
A. He weighed the crown
B. He put the crown into a bath
C. He used a magnet
20. What does gold symbolise in ancient Egypt?
A. Royal family
C. Everlasting life
21. Around half of all gold mined these days is used for what purpose?
22. What is the atomic number of gold in the periodic table?
23. What is the minimum temperature required to melt gold?
A. 598 degrees Celsius
B. 1064 degrees Celsius
C. 1783 degrees Celsius
24. Which king in Greek mythology is able to turn everything into gold only by touching?
A. King Midas
B. King Perdiccas
C. King Amyntas
25. The video game Pokémon Gold Version was published by which Japanese company?
C. Sega Sammy
26. What was the nickname for around 40,000 miners who were part of the California Gold Rush in 1849?
27. The term “gold” derives from the Old English word “geolu”. What does it literally mean?
28. In 1252, what was the first European city to mint its own gold coins?
A. London, England
B. Paris, France
C. Florence, Italy
29. The Golden Triangle is an area on the borders of Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand. What is it mostly known for?
A. Weapons trading
B. Opium production
C. Human smuggling
30. Which annual parody award is given to the worst of actors or actresses and movies of the year?
A. Golden Raspberry Awards
B. Golden Banana Awards
C. Golden Orange Awards
What do you think about these gold quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same/similar topic, check out the following Bitcoin quiz.