The ‘90s, a time of pop, rock, and dance music. The decade also showed an extreme growth of hip hop, and is often called the genre’s golden age. See how much you know about this time by taking these 37 trivia ‘90s Music Quiz Questions and Answers.
90s Music Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Which singer did Billboard name the Artist of the Decade in the ‘90s?
A. Selena Quintanilla-Pérez
B. Mariah Carey
C. Jon Bon Jovi
2. Which British group was the most commercially-successful in North America in ’90s?
A. The Spice Girls
B. The Stone Roses
3. In 1992, Whitney Houston topped the charts with her cover of the song…
A. I Will Always Love You
B. All the Man that I Need
C. Vision of Love
4. Mariah Carey collaborate with ______ to perform the song “One Sweet Day” which became a No. 1 hit.
B. Janet Jackson
C. Boyz II Men
5. Janet Jackson’s eponymous album, Janet, sold about how many copies?
A. 5 million
B. 10 million
C. 20 million
6. What is Janet Jackson’s relationship with singer-songwriter Michael Jackson?
7. What organization did Michael Jackson found during the ‘90s?
A. Heal the World
B. Our Earth
C. Sierra Club
8. Which song by the Rolling Stones resurfaced into charts after being featured in a TV series?
A. Brown Sugar
B. Paint it Black
9. Which album was released by Billy Joel in 1993, and as of now is his final rock/pop album?
A. River of Dreams
B. 52nd Street
C. Cold Spring Harbor
10. The song “I’ll Be Missing You” is a tribute to…
A. Frankie Valli
B. Christopher Wallace
C. Linda Eastman
11. Which song was the Barenaked Ladies’ debut song?
A. Brian Wilson
B. Be My Yoko Ono
C. If I Had $1000000
12. What is the official spelling of Prince’s 1990 song?
A. Nothing Compares 2 U
B. Nothing Compares to You
C. Nothing Compares 2 You
13. Which song topped the charts in 1990 during Christmas week?
A. Wonderful Christmastime
B. Happy Xmas (War is Over)
C. Saviour’s Day
14. “What a girl wants, What a girl…”
15. “I’ve created my own…”
16. Which of these is the correct title of MC Hammer’s signature song?
A. Can’t Touch This
B. U Can’t Touch This
C. Hammer Time
17. Which song was included as a hidden track on Nirvana’s album In Utero?
A. Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip
B. Her Majesty
C. All Apologies
18. Which of these is the correct order of Nirvana’s three studio albums?
A. In Utero, Bleach, Nevermind
B. Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero
C. Nevermind, Bleach, In Utero
19. Which song topped the charts in Christmastime of 1991?
A. Saviour’s Day
B. Bohemian Rhapsody
C. White Christmas
20. “Hush, just…”
A. kiss me
21. In what year did the Backstreet Boys receive their first Gold Record?
22. Hanson’s song, _____, was first released in April 1997 as the lead single from their debut studio album.
B. Shout it Out
C. String Theory
23. “I Do It For You” stayed on top of UK charts for…
A. 7 weeks
B. 16 weeks
C. 18 weeks
24. Alanis Morrisette contributed vocals to a song covered by which former member of The Beatles?
A. What in the… World
B. Drift Away
C. La De Da
25. Which of these covered Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” in 1993 and topped the charts?
B. The Rolling Stones
26. While filming the music video for “As Long As You Love Me,” Brian Littrell…
A. met his future wife
B. suffered a fatal accident
C. quit his band
27. “Lemon Tree” is a song by the band…
A. Red Hot Chili Peppers
B. Fool’s Garden
C. Guns N’ Roses
28. With what song did Cher make her big comeback in 1998?
B. Where Do You Go
C. Bang Bang
29. Who was Britney Spears’ rival between 1998 and 1999?
A. Christina Aguilera
B. Selena Gomez
C. Janet Jackson
30. Which Bon Jovi song reached number two in the UK singles chart in 1994?
A. It’s My Life
B. Bad Medicine
31. Earth Song was a song by…
A. Michael Jackson
B. Janet Jackson
C. Celine Dion
32. Which of the two co-wrote the songs “Lust for Life,” “China GIrl,” and “Night Clubbing?”
A. David Bowie and Iggy Pop
B. Sinead O’Connor and Whitney Houston
C. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera
33. What was Frank Black’s debut solo album called?
A. Teenager of the Year
C. Frank Black
34. Elton John and George Michael performed which song as a collaborative effort?
A. Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
B. I’ll Follow the Sun
C. Here Comes the Sun
35. Which song by the band Deep Blue Something has the lyrics, “No common ground to start from?”
A. Ain’t She Sweet
B. No Common Ground
C. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
36. Nirvana‘s Kurt Cobain death came as a very bad news in which year?
37. Which British electronic dance music band was formed in 1990 by Liam Howlett?
A. The Chemical Brothers
B. The Prodigy
Enjoy taking these ‘90s Music Quiz Questions and Answers? Do you want to try out another one? If so, check a quiz about music lyrics, this one about hip hop, or click here to try out another awesome quiz from us.