For many people, boxing is a harsh and violent sport with blood and fighting. Despite that fact, it is an important part of Western culture in which participants can show off their power and glory. If you are a big fan, then check out the following 35 trivia boxing quiz questions and answers to learn more.
Boxing Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What do we call the trainer or coach who assists the fighter during a boxing fight?
A. A mediator
B. A cornerman
C. A cutman
2. How many minutes are typically there in a boxing round?
A. 2 minutes
B. 3 minutes
C. 4 minutes
3. Manny Pacquaio is a legendary boxer from which country?
A. The Philippines
4. Which of the following professional boxers was the first one to win the world heavyweight championship three times?
A. Sonny Liston
B. Larry Holmes
C. Muhammad Ali
5. Which boxer was the first heavyweight champion to defeat a heavyweight champion?
A. Floyd Patterson
B. Mickey Walker
C. Michael Spinks
6. What does the term “TKO” stand for in boxing?
A. Tentative only
B. Technical knockout
C. Total knockout
7. The Boxing Day is typically associated with which patron saint?
A. Saint Nicholas
B. Saint Patrick
C. Saint Stephen
8. What is the nickname of Joseph Louis Barrow, which is widely regarded as one of the most influential and greatest boxers of all time?
A. The Brown Bomber
B. The Red Bomber
C. The Black Bomber
9. How long must a fighter get back up after being knocked down in boxing?
A. A count of 10
B. 30 seconds
C. Depending on the referee
10. Complete the famous quote by Muhammad Ali: “Float like a …, sting like a bee”
11. What is the heaviest weight class in boxing?
A. Feather weight
B. Bantam weight
12. George Foreman became the oldest heavyweight champion at what age?
13. Which of the following boxers won up to 87 of the first professional fights?
A. Bernard Hopkins
B. Julio Cesar Chavez
C. Wladimir Klitschko
14. Which of the following British boxers never had a draw?
A. Tyson Fury
B. Naseem Hamed
C. Chris Eubank
15. What happened after the British boxer Robin Deakin won the first professional fight in 2006?
A. He became a World Champion in the next year
B. He changed his name
C. He lost the next 50 fights
16. A TKO is called when a fighter is knocked down how many times?
A. 1 time
B. 2 times
C. 3 times
17. What do we call the result in which the judges are not unanimous on the fight’s winner?
A. A minority victory
B. A split decision
C. A technical draw
18. Which of the following fighters was a legendary boxer in the late 1800s and early 1900s?
A. Marvin Hagler
B. Joe Louis
C. John L. Sullivan
19. During a match known as “The Bite Fight”, Mike Tyson bit which body part of Evander Holyfield?
20. Who is regarded as the “Father of Boxing” as he developed the first set of modern boxing gloves and rules?
A. James Figg
B. Bill Gretting
C. Jack Broughton
21. James Corbett was known for introducing which boxing movement?
A. Technical boxing
B. Scientific boxing
C. Entertaining boxing
22. In 1986, who became the youngest fighter to win the heavyweight boxing championship?
A. Mike Tyson
B. Muhammad Ali
C. Evander Holyfield
23. Which of the following is a boxing film?
C. The Blind Side
24. Which type of punch in boxing is comprised of an upward blow from the direction of your toes?
25. Which rules were drafted in 1865 and are still the code of generally accepted rules in boxing?
A. The Sullivan Rules
B. The Marquess of Queensberry Rules
C. The Council of Trent Rules
26. Which part of the body is not a target in boxing?
A. Below the belt
27. To stop a fight, what can a cornerman throw into the boxing ring?
A. A towel
B. A hat
C. A shirt
28. In the WBC and WBA, which weight class comes after cruiserweight?
C. Light heavyweight
29. In the heavyweight class, what is the upper limit of weight?
A. 80 kilograms
B. 120 kilograms
C. No upper limit
30. When was women’s boxing first featured in the Olympic Games?
31. What do we call a boxing champion who defeats the existing champion?
A. A monarchic championship
B. A lineal championship
C. A morganatic championship
32. Which of the following is a boxing magazine?
A. The Fighter
B. The Ring
C. The Boxing
33. “The Golden Boy” is the nickname of which boxer?
A. Mike Tyson
B. Marvin Hagler
C. Oscar de la Hoya
34. Which of the following writers were very proud of his boxing skills?
A. Ernest Hemingway
B. John Steinbeck
C. Scott Fitzgerald
35. In addition to boxing, Manny Pacquiao is also a professional player in which sport?
We hope you have fun with these boxing quiz questions and answers. For more sport-related challenges, check out the following basketball quiz.