Welcome back to another We Love Quizzes trivia. Most people celebrate Christmas, right? But how much do you really know about the holiday? Take these trivia Christmas Quiz Questions and Answers to know how much.
Christmas Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When did the US declare Christmas as a federal holiday?
2. Which US state was the first to recognize Christmas as an official holiday?
3. Which US state was the last to recognize Christmas as an official holiday?
4. What is one of the earliest Christmas tree decorations?
5. Approximately how many Christmas trees are produced each year?
A. ninety-three thousand
B. two billion
C. thirty-five million
6. For how long do Christmas trees grow before they are cut down for the holiday?
A. 8 years
B. 15 months
C. 3 decades
7. What is the most popular type of Christmas tree?
B. Frasier fir
C. White spruce
8. How many people grow Christmas trees in North America for a living?
9. How tall is/was the largest Christmas tree in the world?
A. 103.50 m
B. 45.12 m
C. 67.36 m
10. What is Santa’s postal code?
A. H0H 0H0
11. Which company popularized Santa Claus’ current iteration?
A. The Coca-Cola Company
B. Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
C. Universal Pictures
12. When did Rudolph the reindeer first appear?
A. 1939 C.E.
B. 24 B.C.E.
C. 750 C.E.
13. Which country is credited with inventing the Christmas tree tradition?
14. Christmas season sales account for what fraction of all retail sales in the USA?
15. Where was the first Christmas postage stamp issued?
16. Where was the world’s largest snowman built?
A. Maine, USA
B. London, United Kingdom
C. Jakarta, Indonesia
17. Christmas pudding was originally made up of…
A. chocolate and nutmeg
B. flour and plum
C. raisins and wine
18. What is the best-selling Christmas song of all time?
A. “Let it Snow!”
B. “White Christmas”
C. “Happy Xmas”
19. The song “Jingle Bells” was originally written for which holiday?
20. One medieval Christmas feast featured…
A. a fir tree covered in raspberry and honey.
B. a chocolate-covered steel sword.
C. a giant, 165-pound pie.
21. What does “true love” mean in the carol “Twelve Days of Christmas?”
B. Your mother
C. Your partner
22. The early _____ thought that mistletoe had magical powers.
23. For the first time in decades, in 1989, _____ was permitted to celebrate Christmas freely and openly.
A. Eastern Europe
24. How many days were dropped from the year during the switch from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar?
25. When does the Twelve Days of Christmas take place?
A. December 25 – January 5
B. December 13 – December 25
C. December 20 – January 1
26. What was the first song sung in outer space?
A. “Across the Universe”
B. “Jingle Bells”
C. “Blue Christmas”
27. How did the gift-giving tradition during Christmas originate?
A. It brings good luck to the gift-giver
B. It symbolizes the gifts the three wise men gave to Jesus Christ
C. It wards away the demon Krampus
28. Why was December 25th the date chosen for Christmas?
A. The date coincides with the pagan festival
B. The date is when Jesus Christ was born
C. The date symbolizes great wealth, partying, and gift-giving
29. The highest-grossing movie about Christmas since 1980 is __________.
A. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
B. Home Alone
C. The Nightmare Before Christmas
30. Which holiday toy is said to hide around the house and report to Santa on children’s behavior?
A. The Elf on a Shelf
C. Teddy Bear
31. In “A Christmas Carol,” what was Mr. Scrooge’s first name?
32. Candy canes were made to represent what?
A. Shepherd’s Cane
C. Fish hook
33. In what modern-day country was St. Nicholas, the basis for Santa Claus, born?
B. United Kingdom
34. How many points does a snowflake usually have?
35. What were the gifts that the three wise men gave to baby Jesus?
A. Mistletoe, Bells, and Bread
B. Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
C. Wine, Copper, and Gingerbread
36. What well-known Christmas carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965?
A. Jingle Bells
B. White Christmas
C. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Enjoy this quiz? Do you want to try out another one? Well, click here to try out another awesome quiz from us.