Christmas is the most important time of the year. Great food, gift shopping, beautifully-decorated streets, and family gatherings. This special holiday can be a great occasion for us to enjoy life with loved ones. And check out the following alternative Christmas quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Alternative Christmas Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What do we call the period of 4 Sundays before Christmas?
C. Christmas Period
2. The Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square has been donated by which country since 1947?
3. Which royal made the first royal broadcast on Christmas?
A. Queen Victoria
B. King George V
C. Queen Elizabeth II
4. What was the first brand to use Santa Claus in its advertisements?
5. Which kind of tree is often decorated with lights and hanging ornaments to celebrate Christmas in Poland?
A. Oak tree
B. Fir tree
C. Redwood tree
6. Which popular Christmas song was originally composed for Thanksgiving?
A. Silent Night
B. Run Rudolph Run
C. Jingle Bells
7. Who wrote the novel “A Christmas Carol”?
A. Charles Dickens
B. Oscar Wilde
C. William Shakespeare
8. What was the highest grossing movie about Christmas of all time?
A. Love Actually
B. Home Alone
C. The Polar Express
9. The tradition of putting up and decorating a Christmas tree began in which country?
10. Santa Claus is a legendary character based on which real-life person?
A. Saint Martin’s Lent
B. Saint Nicholas
C. Saint Teresa of Avila
11. When does the Boxing Day take place annually?
A. On December 23rd
B. On December 26th
C. On December 27th
12. “Milk punch” is another name for which popular drink on Christmas?
A. Mulled wine
C. Hot chocolate
13. What is the original meaning of Christmas?
A. To commemorate the death of Jesus Christ
B. To remember the birth of Jesus Christ
C. To honour Christianity
14. The first Christmas card was sent in which year?
15. Which of the following is not another name for Santa Claus?
A. Red Uncle
B. Kris Kringle
C. Saint Nick
16. In which country does a witch rather than Santa Claus drops gifts through the chimney for kids on Christmas?
17. How many days are there between Christmas and Epiphany?
A. 7 days
B. 12 days
C. 20 days
18. Which are the two typical colours of Christmas candy canes?
A. Green and red
B. Red and blue
C. White and red
19. Including Rudolph, how many reindeers pull the sleigh and help Santa Claus send gifts to kids on Christmas Eve?
20. When does the Orthodox Church in Russia celebrate Christmas?
A. December 26th
B. December 31st
C. January 7th
21. What is the most popular decorative ornament placed on top of a Christmas tree?
B. Christian crosses
22. Where was Jesus Christ born?
C. Tel Aviv
23. Which wild bird is usually featured on Christmas cards in Britain?
A. Black-capped chickadee
24. Which play was written by William Shakespeare as a Christmas present?
A. The Merry Wives of Windsor
B. Two Gentlemen of Verona
C. Winter’s Tale
25. When was Christmas first celebrated in the United Kingdom?
A. 2nd century
B. 6th century
C. 11th century
26. When you are under the mistletoe, what are you supposed to do according to the holiday tradition?
A. To hug
B. To dance
C. To kiss
27. According to British tradition, Christmas decorative ornaments should come down by when?
A. January 2nd
B. January 5th
C. January 10th
28. What is traditionally hidden in a Christmas pudding?
A. A star
B. A silver coin
C. A small piece of paper
29. The “true love” of the singer gives him how many gold rings in “The 12 Days of Christmas”?
30. What is the name for the traditional dish at Christmas dinner that wraps sausages in bacon?
A. Pigs in bacon
B. Pigs in layers
C. Pigs in blankets
31. Who was the first person to introduce the Christmas tree to the United Kingdom?
A. A royal member
B. A merchant
C. A priest
32. Which ballet is traditionally performed during the Christmas season, particularly in North America?
A. Swan Lake
B. The Nutcracker
33. How to say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish?
A. Felices fiestas
B. Feliz Nuevo
C. Feliz Navidad
34. Which English leader abolished all Christmas activities and banned the singing of Christmas songs?
A. Winston Churchill
B. Oliver Cromwell
C. Margaret Thatcher
35. According to superstition, in which direction should you always stir when making mince pies on Christmas?
C. It depends
36. The traditional “Father Christmas” or Santa Clause in Britain was originally not dressed in red. Which colour did he wear?
37. There are two islands named Christmas in the world. One is located in the Indian Ocean and the other is located in which ocean?
A. Pacific Ocean
B. Atlantic Ocean
C. Arctic Ocean
38. Before December 25th was decided by Pope Julius I to be the day when Jesus was born, when was early Christmas celebrated?
A. January 2nd
B. January 6th
C. January 10th
39. What was the first use of Christmas candy canes?
A. To use as a dessert at Christmas dinner
B. To keep noisy kids quiet during the church service
C. To feed homeless children
40. The last one on this list of alternative Christmas quiz questions and answers: which famous Christmas song was played on the trenches of both German and English on Christmas Eve 1914?
A. Silent Night
B. O Holy Night
C. O Little Town of Bethlehem
We hope these alternative Christmas quiz questions and answers can bring you some interesting facts and knowledge about this special occasion. If you are in the mood for more holiday, then check out the following trivia Bible quiz or this New Year quiz.