Heavy metal seems to be a severely underrated music genre. Mainstream media and radio have not always view metal groups favourably, probably due to typical features like massive loudness, emphatic beats, and distortion. Regardless of these attitudes, the trend has still thrived and spread to many parts of the world. Check out these trivia heavy metal music quiz questions and answers if you are a crazy fan of Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, or Linkin Park.
Heavy Metal Music Quiz Questions And Answers
1. When was heavy metal music first developed?
A. The late 50s and early 60s
B. The late 60s and early 70s
C. The late 70s and early 80s
2. Who is widely considered to be the first metal band to exist in the world?
A. Skinny Puppy
B. Morbid Angel
C. Black Sabbath
3. Which of the following is not an album by Metallica?
B. St. Anger
C. Master of Puppets
4. Heavy metal music enjoyed the height of its popularity in which decade?
A. The 1970s
B. The 1980s
C. The 1990s
5. Which heavy metal trend thrived in English during the early 1980s?
A. Happy hardcore
B. The New Wave of British Heavy Metal
C. Death metal
6. “Symphony of Destruction” is a song by which heavy metal band?
A. Napalm Death
C. Linkin Park
7. Which of the following is not a subtype of heavy metal music?
A. Gothic metal
B. Celtic metal
C. Germanic metal
8. Who is the vocalist in the British rock band Led Zeppelin?
A. Jimmy Page
B. John Paul Jones
C. Robert Plant
9. Which American heavy metal band is known for songs like “Nightmare”, “Dear God”, “Hail to the King”, or “Buried Alive”?
A. Avenged Sevenfold
B. My Chemical Romance
C. Panic! at the Disco
10. Which of the following is not a song by Diamond Head?
A. “In The End”
B. “Call Me, Four Cuts EP”
C. “Sweet and Innocent”
11. Which of the following heavy metal bands does not have a self-titled album?
12. David Mustaine is known as the vocalist, primary songwriter, and lead guitarist of Megadeth. Why does he hate Metallica?
A. He does not like their lyrics
B. He was fired from the band
C. Metallica stole his ideas
13. From which country does the heavy metal band Rammstein come from?
14. What is the favourite stage effect of Rammstein?
A. Video projections
B. Light shows
15. Which blues guitarist has a heavy influence on heavy metal music with his mesmerizing extended guitar solos?
A. Gary Moore
B. Eric Clapton
C. Robert Johnson
16. Which form of music, mixing with rock music, is considered to be the predecessor of heavy metal?
B. Folk music
C. Marching music
17. Which form of music influenced and merged with heavy metal sounds to establish a subtype known for high-energy and shorter songs?
A. New Wave
18. Which even started the break-up of Led Zeppelin in 1980?
A. A fight between two members
B. The death of a member
C. A dispute with the manager
19. In which year did the Swedish rock band Ghost release the debut album “Opus Eponymous”?
20. Which of the following features of modern life would contribute to the popularity of heavy metal music, especially in the early 1970s?
A. Economic crisis
B. Technological development
21. What is the main role of a bass guitarist in a heavy metal band?
A. Going along with the melody
B. Following the drummer
C. Filling out the song
22. This is the lyrics from a song by which heavy metal band: “My body’s burning, it starts to shout”?
A. Motley Crue
23. Which is widely known as the most successful heavy metal band of all time?
B. Led Zeppelin
24. Songs of which heavy metal bands have lyrics mostly focusing on alienation and pain?
25. Which of the following heavy metal bands had its song featured in the “Transformers” movie?
B. Rise Against
26. What is the meaning of the name Kittie, a Canadian heavy metal band known for consisting of all female members?
A. It is just a random name
B. All members of the band love cats
C. It sounds contradictory
27. The name of the British heavy metal band, Judas Priest, was chosen based on whose song?
A. Bob Dylan
B. The Beatles
C. The Rolling Stones
28. Robert Ellsworth is the lead vocalist of which heavy metal band?
29. Which song has won the 2020 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance?
A. “Unleashed” by Killswitch Engage
B. “7empest” by Tool
C. “Bow Down” by I Prevail
30. Which band holds the record for the most wins in the Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance, with a total of 6 times?
31. Which of the following bands covered “Alright For Fighting” by Elton John?
A. Flotsam & Jetsam
B. Judas Priest
C. Lamb of God
32. In which subgenre of metal do artists typically adopt pseudonyms and perform in corpse paint?
A. Alternative metal
B. Trash metal
C. Black metal
33. What was the Iron Maiden’s mascot called?
34. Which heavy metal band has its debut album called “Show No Mercy”?
35. Which of the following heavy metal bands formed first?
C. Fear Factory
Can you answer all of these heavy metal music quiz questions and answers? We hope they give you a lot of interesting facts and knowledge. For more music challenges, check out the following 80s music quiz, or this trivia quiz about jazz.