Indian history, huh? There are just so many events that have happened throughout the existence of this populous and religious country. If you call yourself a fan of history, then go ahead and try these Indian history quiz questions and answers.
1. In which year did the Indian National Congress was established?
2. Which governor introduced the permanent land revenue system to India?
A. Lord Cornwallis
B. Lord Bolton
C. Lord Ripon
3. Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated in New Delhi in …
A. April 30, 1947
B. January 30, 1948
C. June 17, 1949
4. Where did the British first set up their plants in the Eastern region of India?
5. Who came up with the “Drain of Wealth” theory specifying that “Britain was draining and bleeding India”?
A. Mahadev Govind Ranade
B. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
C. Dadabhai Naoroji
6. Which of the following foods are a staple in the c Period?
A. Fruits and veggies
B. Rice and Barley
C. Milk and dairy products
7. Which of the following places is a well-known Buddhist Complex with pillars, temples, monasteries, and stupas?
8. The term “Hindu” was first used by … to refer to Indian people.
A. The Arabs
B. The Romans
C. The Chinese
9. Which Indian king was referred to as Sandrocottas by the ancient Greeks?
B. Chandragupta Maurya
10. In which year did the Battle of Plassey take place?
11. Which state in India is previously known as “Magadha”?
C. Uttar Pradesh
12. Who is the founder of the Sikh religion?
A. Guru Gobind Singh
B. Guru Hargobind
C. Guru Nanak
13. What is the name of the first newspaper written in English in India?
A. The Bengal Gazette
B. The Bengal Journal
C. The Bombay Herald
14. Who was the first Sikh to be the prime minister of India?
A. Rajiv Gandhi
B. Trilochi Singh
C. Manmohan Singh
15. Who was the first prime minister of India?
A. Indira Gandhi
B. Jawaharlal Nehru
C. Mohandas Gandhi
16. Which Indian prime minister died abroad?
A. Mohandas Gandhi
B. Indira Gandhi
C. Lal Bahadur Shastri
17. In the 9th century, Shankaracharya wrote his commentary based on which Hindu philosophy system?
18. Ustad Isa is the kin who was responsible for the design and construction of which prominent building in Mughal Era?
A. Taj Mahal
B. Buland Darwaza
C. Red Fort
19. In which Indian city was the first Buddhist council organised?
20. When was the Indus Valley Civilization first discovered?
21. Which was the first country to establish frequent trade with India?
22. Who was the first president of India?
A. Zakir Hussain
B. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
C. Rajendra Prasad
23. When did the first wave of Aryan immigration to India begin?
A. 1000 BC
B. 1500 BC
C. 2000 A.D.
24. What was the capital of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh kingdom?
25. The word “India” is originated from …
A. The Aryans
B. The Hindus
C. The River Indus
26. Who discovered the sea route to India?
B. Vasco de Gama
C. Marco Polo
27. Panipat is the former name of which Indian city?
28. Who is often regarded as the Indian Napoleon?
A. Samudra Gupta
B. Skanda Gupta
C. Chandra Gupta
29. In Rigveda, which deity represents Storm?
30. Which of the following features do not belong to Din-i-LLahi of Akbar?
A. Mohammad is the only prophet of God
B. Cow eating is forbade
C. Everyone worships the Sun as the creator
31. How many representatives were there in the first session of the 1885 Indian National Congress?
32. Acharya Bhave, the first member of the Satyagrahi, offered Satyagraha in which way?
A. Burn British flag
B. Refuse to pay taxes
C. Make an antiwar speech
33. The Battle of Chillianwalla used to be a part of which war?
A. The Anglo – Maratha War
B. The Anglo – Carnatic War
C. The Anglo – Sikh War
34. Who was the first person to introduce English to India?
A. Lord Dalhousie
B. Lord Canning
C. Lord William Bentinck
35. Who were the first Indian people to use copper?
A. Lothal people
B. Indus people
C. Ropar people
36. Which animal can you see on Harappan seals?
With thousands of years of history, it can be hard to know everything about what happened in India in the past. We hope this quiz can give you more helpful knowledge about India – one of the most diverse and interesting countries in the world. If you still want more history stuff, then this quiz on World War II can be a good option.