Over the history of the world, many revolutions took place and brought radical changes to the established order. To see how much you know about history, let’s take a look at the following 28 world revolutions quiz questions and answers.
World Revolutions Quiz Questions And Answers
1. During the American Revolution from 1765 to 1791, Thirteen Colonies defeated and gained independence from which empire?
2. When did the French Revolution begin?
3. Which of the following is the name of a revolution that took place in Russia in 1917?
A. January Revolution
B. July Revolution
C. October Revolution
4. Despite its name, the October Revolution actually took place in which month in 1917?
5. The Industrial Revolution first began in which European country in the 18th century?
6. The Catholic priest Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla was the leader of which revolution?
A. Brazilian War of Independence
B. Colombian War of Independence
C. Mexican War of Independence
7. The Velvet Revolution in 1989 marked the end of the Communist Party in which country?
C. The Soviet Union
8. What was the name of the revolution with a series of armed rebellions, uprisings, and anti-government protests that took place in many Arab countries in the early 2010s?
A. Arab Summer
B. Arab Spring
C. Arab Winter
9. What happened to 52 United States citizens and diplomats during the Iranian Revolution, also known as the Islamic Revolution, in 1978?
A. They were held hostage for more than 1 year
B. They were killed and buried in a mass grave
C. They were tortured
10. Who was one of the leaders of the Russian Revolution in 1917?
A. Joseph Stalin
B. Vladimir Lenin
C. Alexander Kerensky
11. Who started the Haitian Revolution in 1791 to end the colonial rule of France?
A. Self-liberated slaves
B. Indigenous people
C. Spanish army
12. Also known as the Xinhai Revolution, the 1911 Revolution ended the last imperial dynasty in China and established which sovereign state?
A. The United States of China
B. The People’s Republic of China
C. The Republic of China
13. The February Revolution or the People Power Revolution broke out in which Asian country on 22 February 1986?
C. The Philippines
14. Which Chinese figure led the Chinese Communist Party in the Chinese Communist Revolution from 1927 to 1949?
A. Chiang Kai-shek
B. Deng Xiaoping
C. Mao Zedong
15. Which national day is celebrated on 14 July each year to commemorate the beginning of the French Revolution?
A. Bastille Day
B. Napoleon Day
C. Republic Day
16. Taking place between 1688 and 1689, which revolution led to the deposition of James II and VII, king of Ireland, Scotland, and England?
A. The Victorious Revolution
B. The Glorious Revolution
C. The Marvellous Revolution
17. Which revolution led to a series of revolts across Europe, starting in Sicily and spreading to Germany, France, Austria, and Italy?
A. Revolutions of 1848
B. Revolutions of 1884
C. Revolutions of 1902
18. What was the first country in the Middle East to change the government as a result of the Arab Spring movement in the early 2010s?
19. In which city did the Bloody Sunday take place, marking the beginning of the Russian Revolution of 1905?
B. St. Petersburg
20. Who led revolutions that liberated much of South America against the colonial rule of Spain during the 19th century?
A. Miguel Hidalgo
B. Simón Bolívar
C. Francisco de Miranda
21. Which revolution took place from 1966 to 1976 with the goal of preserving communism by eliminating remnants of traditional elements and capitalism from Chinese society?
A. Anti-capitalism Revolution
B. Cultural Revolution
C. Glorious China Revolution
22. Which of the following did NOT happen during the Age of Revolution from the late 18th to the mid-19th centuries?
A. World War I
B. The establishment of nation states
C. Industrial Revolution
23. The Batavian Revolution marked the end of which republic in 1795?
A. The Belgian Republic
B. The Danish Republic
C. The Dutch Republic
24. Which event officially ended the American Revolution on 3 September 1783?
A. The Declaration of Independence
B. The Treaty of Paris
C. The Siege of Yorktown
25. The Serbian Revolution from 1804 to 1835 marked the establishment and independence of modern Serbia from which empire?
A. Ottoman Empire
B. Austrian Empire
C. Russian Empire
26. What was the result of the Texas Revolution between 1835 and 1836?
A. Texas became a state of the US
B. Texas gained independence from Mexico
C. Texas defeated Spain
27. In which country did the Maidan Revolution, also known as the Revolution of Dignity, take place in February 2014?
28. Which series of protests led by students took place in Hong Kong in 2014?
A. Umbrella Revolution
B. Yellow Coat Revolution
C. Red Hat Revolution
What do you think about these world revolution quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following Independence Day quiz.