Australia is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Millions of people visit this great country to enjoy beautiful nature, unique culture, and exquisite cuisine. Whether you are planning the next trip or want to learn more about it, check out the following trivia Australia quiz questions and answers.
Australia Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which of the following oceans is not bordered by Australia?
A. The Atlantic Ocean
B. The Pacific Ocean
C. The Indian Ocean
2. Along with the kangaroo, which animal can be found only in Australia?
B. Fjord horse
3. Which kind of landscape accounts for more than 40 per cent of Australia?
4. Which is the capital city of Australia?
5. When do people celebrate Australia Day, which is the anniversary of the start of the nation?
A. 26 January
B. 8 April
C. 17 August
6. When an Aussie says: “I am knackered”, what does it mean?
A. He is excited
B. He is tired
C. He is angry
7. Which natural structure located in central Australia is called “Uluru” by indigenous people?
A. Fraser Island
B. The Pinnacles
C. Ayers Rock
8. What does the name “Australia” mean in Latin?
A. Secret Land
B. Free Land
C. Southern Land
9. Which two cities in Australia used to host the Olympic Games?
A. Canberra and Sydney
B. Sydney and Melbourne
C. Melbourne and Canberra
10. Which event happened to Harold Holt, the Prime Minister of Australia, in 1967?
A. He died in a car crash
B. He disappeared at sea
C. He was assassinated
11. Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in New Zealand and Australia to commemorate soldiers in which war?
A. World War I
B. World War II
C. Vietnam War
12. The famous TV soap opera “Home and Away” is filmed on which famous beach?
A. Maroubra Beach
B. Palm Beach
C. Bondi Beach
13. Which of the following is the highest building in Australia?
A. Australia 108
B. Eureka Tower
14. How many states are there in Australia?
15. The badge of the state Tasmania features which animal?
A. A red lion
B. A black swan
C. A piping shrike[/su_spoiler]
16. The flag of which country is featured in the national flag of Australia?
C. The United Kingdom
17. Which of the following is an Australian rock band?
18. Before the name Australia was used, what did people call the country?
A. New England
B. New Holland
C. New Ireland
19. Which is the largest airline carrier in Australia in terms of fleet size?
B. Virgin Australia
20. Which of the following films was set in Australia and starred Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman?
B. Down Under
C. The Bush
21. Which is special about Fraser Island located along the southeastern coast of Queensland, Australia?
A. It is the largest sand island in the world
B. It is home to the extinct bird dodo
C. It is a landlocked island
22. The city of lights is the nickname of which Australian city?
23. Torres Strait separates Australia and which country?
A. New Zealand
B. Papua New Guinea
24. Which Australia’s bill note features Queen Elizabeth II?
25. Which distinctive animal can we find on the Rottnest Island in Perth?
26. Which tourist passenger train operates between Perth and Sydney?
A. The Indian Pacific
B. The Pacific Indian
C. The Ocean
27. What is the international telephone code for Australia?
28. What does the Australian slang word “big smoke” refers to?
A. A factory
B. A city
C. A truck
29. What was the objective of the Burke and Wills expedition between 1860 and 1861?
A. To discover a route to cross inland Australia from the South to the North
B. To discover a route to cross inland Australia from the West to the East
C. To discover inland Australia
30. What is the national floral emblem for Australia?
A. Desert flame
B. Pink rock lily
C. Golden wattle
31. Which is the largest desert in Australia?
A. The Gibson Desert
B. The Simpson Desert
C. The Great Victorian Desert
32. The Melbourne Cup is a famous annual competition in which sport?
A. Horse race
33. The town Coober Pedy in northern South Australia is often referred to as the capital of which mineral of the world?
34. What is the reason for featuring the emu and the kangaroo on Australia’s Commonwealth Coat of Arms?
A. Because these animals are native to Australia
B. Because these animals saved the lives of the first European explorers
C. Because these animals cannot move backwards easily
35. The last one on this list of Australia quiz questions and answers: When did Julia Gillard become the first female prime minister of Australia?
We hope you learn something interesting from these Australia quiz questions and answers. For more travelling-related challenges, check out the following Spain quiz.
HI The questions should have been harder. Like eg What year did the first Holden, car manufactured. Ans 1948 FX215
The amount of states in Australia is incorrect, there is 1 missing from the final answer.
Matt 6 states is correct as the Northern Territory is not regarded as a state but as a terrritory- for what reason I am unaware..