Let’s take a trip around the world! Take these trivia Capital Cities Quiz Questions and Answers to test how much you know about the world’s capital cities.
Capital Cities Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Where can you find the only royal palace in the United States of America? [Hint: It’s a State Capital]
A. Honolulu, Hawaii
B. New York, New York
C. San Francisco, California
2. Which capital city is named in honor of the empresario who brought “The Old Three Hundred” to Texas, USA?
C. Santa Fe
3. In which capital city can the Eiffel Tower be found?
A. Paris, France
B. London, England
C. Amsterdam, Netherlands
4. Which capital city in the United States of America was almost burned down to the ground during General William T. Sherman’s famous March to the Sea?
A. Atlanta, Georgia
B. Montgomery, Alabama
C. Phoenix, Arizona
5. Which capital city was named the “Pearl of Asia?”
A. Wan Chai
C. Phnom Penh
6. How many capitals lie on the Danube River?
7. The capital city of Moscow, Russia, is built on the _____ River.
8. Belgrade, the capital city of Serbia, is located at the confluence of what two rivers?
A. Congo and Volga
B. Yangtze and Ganges
C. Sava and Danube
9. What is the capital city of the United States of America?
B. New York
C. Washington D.C.
10. Which of these is one of the most elevated capital cities in the world?
A. Moscow, Russia
B. La Paz, Bolivia
C. Ottawa, Canada
11. What is the capital city of Brazil?
A. Rio de Janeiro
12. What is the capital city of Spain?
13. Which capital city is closest to the equator?
A. Buenos Aires, Argentina
B. Panama City, Panama
C. Quito, Ecuador
14. Which is the capital of the island nation of Tuvalu?
15. Which city was the capital of the former French Dahomey?
16. Which of these is the capital city of the “Giant of Africa?”
17. Which is the capital city of the US state New York?
C. New York City
18. What was the former name of Tokyo, the capital of Japan?
19. Which capital city is known as the “Mother of the World?”
20. In which capital city is the Red Fort situated?
A. New Delhi, India
B. Athens, Greece
C. Kabul, Afghanistan
21. Which city is known as “The Eternal City?”
A. Athens, Greece
B. Rome, Italy
C. Cairo, Egypt
22. Prior to Kazakhstan’s independence from the USSR, what was its capital?
23. Which capital city is the second-highest in the world in elevation?
A. Quito, Ecuador
B. Copenhagen, Denmark
C. Male, Maldives
24. Which city was the capital of the USA before Washington, D.C.?
A. Los Angeles, California
B. Austin, Texas
C. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
25. Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, is named after…
A. Arthur Wellesley
B. Piers Gaveston
C. John de Warren
26. Which of these is the capital city of Sierra Leone?
27. How many capital cities does Bolivia have?
28. Where is Malaysia’s seat of government?
A. Kuala Lumpur
29. Both Israel and ___________ claim Jerusalem as its capital city.
30. Which city replaced Karachi as Pakistan’s capital?
31. Which capital city was formerly known as Kyetpyay?
32. There are three Cleopatra’s Needles — which of these is one of their locations?
A. London, England
B. Beijing, China
C. Cairo, Egypt
33. Which city is the capital of the United Arab Emirates?
A. Abu Dhabi
34. In which capital city is the Gyeongbokgung Palace located?
A. Tokyo, Japan
B. Beijing, China
C. Seoul, South Korea
35. Which of these is the capital city of Australia?
36. Which European city is the only capital in the world bordering two other countries?
Did you like taking these trivia Capital Cities Quiz Questions and Answers? Of course you did! If you have more time, have a look at this Africa trivia quiz, or click here for another We Love Quizzes trivia quiz.