Spain is one of the most visited countries in the world thanks to its diverse landscapes, unique culture, and a variety of attractions. From the finest wines and delicious dishes to crowded music night or beautiful nature, there are many things to experience in this land. Check out the following trivia Spain quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Spain Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Spain is located in which peninsula?
A. The Iberian Peninsula
B. The Balkan Peninsula
C. The Jutland Peninsula
2. Which explorer left Spain and discovered America?
A. Amerigo Vespucci
B. Christopher Columbus
3. Which of the following cities is the capital of Spain?
4. Many scholars believe which book by the Spanish writer Miguel Cervantes was the first modern novel in the world?
A. La Galatea
B. Don Quixote
C. The Impossible Dream
5. Which of the following is a Spanish island?
A. The Canary Islands
B. Isla de Alboran
C. Both A and B
6. The Strait of Gibraltar separates Spain and which African country?
7. Which popular musical instrument originated in Spain?
8. The running of the bulls, also known as the encierro, is an annual event taking place in Pamplona to honour which saint?
A. San Juan Diego
B. San Fermin
C. San Sebastian
9. Paella is a traditional Spanish dish originally from Valencia. What is the main ingredient?
10. What will a waiter bring when you order a tortilla in a restaurant in Spain?
A. A potato omelette
B. Lentil stew
11. Which of the following celebrities was not a Spanish artist?
A. Pablo Picasso
B. Salvador Dali
C. Diego Rivera
12. The ruler of Spain in the early 16th century, Queen Juana la Loca, was known for doing in what to her husband?
A. To make him live in the quarters of servants
B. To cut off his thumb
C. To parade his head body for years in the countryside
13. On the last Wednesday each August, people around the world gather in a small Spanish town named Bunol to throw what at each other?
B. Water balloons
C. Coloured powder
14. You can find the famous painting “Guernica” by Pablo Picasso in which of the following museums?
A. The Reina Sofia National Art Museum
B. The Picasso Museum
C. The Prado Museum
15. Why is the city of Toledo also known as the “City of Three Cultures”?
A. Asian, European, and African communities live side by side
B. Jews, Muslims, and Christians live side by side
C. Three major cultural movements originated from this city
16. What is the oldest pilgrimage route in Europe, which ends at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain?
A. The St. James’ Way
B. The Cervantes Route
C. San Fernando’s Route
17. How many times did the Spain national football team won the FIFA World Cup?
18. Which of the following is a traditional music tradition in Spain?
19. How many countries does Spain share its border with?
A. 1: Portugal
B. 2: Portugal and France
C. 3: Portugal, France, and Andorra
20. Which sea is located on the east side of Spain?
A. The Baltic Sea
B. The Mediterranean Sea
C. The Caspian Sea
21. Which group of people rules the Iberian Peninsula for many centuries?
A. The Arabs
B. The Moors
C. The Russians
22. The city of Almeria in the southeast of Spain is home to the only desert in Europe. What is its name?
A. Atacama Desert
B. Tabernas Desert
C. Gobi Desert
23. What is the most notable feature of the City Wall of Avila in Spain?
A. The wall can be spotted from space
B. It is the best-preserved city wall in the world
C. It is the longest wall in the world
24. When did the Spanish flu occurred and infected more than 500 million people around the world?
A. Between 1887 and 1889
B. Between 1918 and 1920
C. Between 1935 and 1937
25. The sculpture named “El Oso y el Madrono” is one of the symbols in Madrid. It depicts which animal with a strawberry tree?
A. A lion
B. A bear
C. A horse
26. Which cave in Spain is the first place where Upper Palaeolithic cave paintings in the world were first discovered?
A. El Soplao Cave
B. Nerja Cave
C. Altamira cave
27. NASA scientists have come to the Riotinto district in Huelva to study its similarities to which planet on the Solar System?
28. Which of the following is not recognised as a co-official language with Spanish in Spain?
29. The 1992 Summer Olympics Games was held in which Spanish city?
30. The last one in this list of Spain quiz questions and answers: Which of the following countries was not colonised by Spain in the past?
C. The Philippines
We hope you have learned a lot of interesting facts and knowledge with these Spain quiz questions and answers. If you still have the wanderlust and want to explore other countries, make sure to check out the following Scottish quiz.