Badminton is a fun and interesting sport that people of all ages can learn to play and enjoy. It can be played without needing many people or equipment. Check out the following trivia badminton quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about this popular activity.
Badminton Quiz Questions and Answers: Smash!
1. The rules for modern badminton were developed in which country during the 19th century?
2. In a badminton game, the winner is the first one to reach … points.
3. What is the name of the international governing body for badminton recognised by the International Olympic Committee?
A. Badminton World Federation – BWF
B. International Badminton Association – IBA
C. Badminton World Organization – BWO
4. In which year did badminton make its debut in the Summer Olympic Games?
5. When a badminton player wins a rally, how many points can he or she get?
A. 1 point
B. 2 points
C. 3 points
6. When does the umpire call the score out loud during a badminton game?
A. Before the game starts
B. After the game finishes
C. After the rally finishes
7. Which term is used when a player violates the rules?
A. An error
B. A fault
C. A mistake
8. Who is often considered to be one of the greatest badminton men single’s players of all time with 5 world champion and 2 Olympic champion titles?
A. Li Chong Wei
B. Lin Dan
C. Peter Gade
9. What is the name of the international badminton tournaments for men’s team competition?
A. Thomas Cup
B. Uber Cup
C. Sudirman Cup
10. What can be the maximum number of games in a badminton match?
11. What do we call a shot that is hit high and deep into the court of the opponent?
12. Which has the greater length: the court for doubles or the court for singles?
C. Same length
13. How high is the net on a badminton court?
A. 1.35 metres
B. 1.55 metres
C. 1.7t metres
14. When the score in a badminton game reaches 20-all, what can be the final score?
A. 22 – 20
B. 21 – 20
C. 23 – 20
15. When a rally is stopped and replayed without change to the score, what does it call?
A. A replay
B. A let
C. A draw
16. What is the other name of a shuttlecock in badminton?
A. A ball
B. A birdie
C. A run
17. A typical shuttlecock is typically comprised of how many overlapping feathers?
18. What is the oldest badminton tournament in the world?
A. Malaysia Open
B. China Open
C. All-England Open
19. What is widely regarded as the most powerful shot or stroke in badminton?
A. A clear
B. A drive
C. A smash
20. Which country has won the largest number of gold medals in badminton the Summer Olympic Games?
21. When the shuttlecock lands on the line of the court, it is considered to be out or in?
C. Depending on the umpire
22. Is it a fault when a badminton player’s racquet touches the net when playing?
C. Depend on the situation
23. How frequent are the BWF World Rankings updated?
A. Every week
B. Every month
C. Every quarter
24. The first serve in a badminton game is started from which side of the court?
A. From the right-hand side
B. From the left-hand side
C. From the middle
25. Which male badminton player is widely regarded as the king of the backhand?
A. Lin Dan
B. Kento Momota
C. Taufik Hidayat
26. During each badminton game, the players will have a 1-minute break at which point?
27. What is the maximum number of points that a badminton player can get in a game?
A. 21 points
B. 25 points
C. 30 points
28. When is a badminton match completed?
A. When a player wins 2 straight games
B. When a player wins 2 out of 3 games
C. When a player wins 3 out of 5 games
29. How many categories are there in badminton?
A. 2 categories: men’s singles and women’s singles
B. 3 categories: men’s singles, women’s singles, and mixed doubles
C. 5 categories: men’s singles, women’s singles, mixed doubles, and men’s doubles, women’s doubles
30. How often is the BWF World Championships held?
A. Every year
B. Every two years
C. Every four years
31. When was the first Badminton World Championships held?
A. Copenhagen, Denmark
B. London, England
C. Malmo, Sweden
32. The feathers from which animal make the best shuttlecocks in badminton?
33. The head of a shuttlecock is made of which material?
34. What is the name of the official badminton rules published by the BWF?
A. Rules of Badminton
B. Laws of Badminton
C. Badminton Act
35. Which body part generates the most force when hitting a shuttlecock?
How do you feel about these badminton quiz questions and answers? They can give you a lot of fun and knowledge when practising or playing this interesting sport. If you still want more challenges, then check out this trivia candy quiz.