Bowling may not be a popular choice, but it is still one of favorite recreational activities to enjoy your time. Let’s check out the following 30 trivia bowling quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Bowling Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What is the name of the targets in bowling?
2. Which of the following is not a variation of bowling?
A. Strike bowling
B. Target bowling
C. Pin bowling
3. How many holes are there in a bowling ball?
4. Which word refers to a group of pins in bowling?
A. A fam
B. A scuttle
C. A rack
5. What is it called when a bowling player knocks down all the pins on the first throw?
A. A knockout
B. A clearance
C. A strike
6. How many pins do you have to knock down with a ball in bowling?
7. What is it called when you get strikes in every frame of a bowling game?
A. A clear game
B. A perfect game
C. A complete game
8. What is the maximum score that a player can get in a perfect game of bowling?
9. What does the term “spare” technically mean in bowling?
A. Making two strikes in a row
B. Knocking down remaining pins on the second throw
C. Missing all pins in a round
10. The name of which animal is used for the situation when you have three strikes in a row?
A. A turkey
B. A bull
C. A snake
11. Which areas are located on both sides of a bowling lane that every player wants to avoid?
12. What is the reward for getting a strike in bowling?
A. You get an extra throw
B. You get extra points
C. You get an extra round
13. What is the foul line in bowling?
A. The line that you need to stay on it when throwing a ball
B. The line that you need to stay behind it when throwing a ball
C. The line that you need to stay in front of it when throwing a ball
14. Which are the two standard colours for bowling pins?
A. Red and green
B. Orange and white
B. White and red
15. The earliest known forms of bowling is known to date back to which ancient civilisation?
A. Ancient Greece
B. Ancient Egypt
C. Ancient China
16. When did bowling first appear in the Summer Olympic Games?
17. What happens when a player crosses the foul line during a throw in bowling?
A. He has to throw again
B. He gets a score of zero
C. He cannot throw the second time
18. How many frames are there in one game of bowling?
19. What can you do to knock down more pins when throwing a bowling ball?
A. Aim at the centre of the lane
B. Relax your hand when throwing
C. Throw with a heavier ball
20. If you are a right-handed player, where should you aim when throwing a ball?
A. On the left side
B. On the right side
C. In the middle
21. Which mark represents a strike on the bowling scoring board or sheet?
22. In the last frame of a bowling game, when can you throw the third ball?
A. You always have the third ball
B. When you knock down all 10 pins
C. When you score more than 200 points before this frame
23. Which of the following is NOT a common material used for making the surface of bowling lanes?
B. Synthetic materials
24. Target bowling, a variation of bowling, is often played outdoors on which terrain?
25. What is a head pin in bowling?
A. The pin standing foremost in the group
B. The last pin standing on the lane
C. The pin standing in the middle of the group
26. Which term refers to the arrangement of pins that are left standing after some of the original 10 pins have been knocked down by the first shot?
A. A separation
B. A split
C. A chop
27. What is the most common split in bowling?
A. 7-10 split
B. 4-6 split
C. 1-7-10 split
28. At the beginning of the bowling frame, all pins are lined up in which shape?
A. A triangle
B. A rectangular
C. A circle
29. If you get a strike in the first frame and a 6 in the second frame, how many scores do you have in the first frame?
30. Which fingers are placed in the holes of a bowling ball?
A. Pinky, middle, and pointer
B. Ring, thumb, and middle
C. Pointer, ring, and thumb
What do you think about these bowling quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts about this entertaining sport. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following trivia darts quiz.