Camping is definitely one of the most favourite outdoor activities, either with friends or families. The feeling of sleeping in nature with fresh air and chirping birds around can make anyone elated. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the 31 following camping quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Camping Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which basic type of camping knots is used to tie two ends of a rope together?
A. Bowline knot
B. Taut line
C. Square knot
2. Which of the following terms refers to camping in a motorhome, van, or RV without sewer, water, or electrical connections?
A. Dry camping
B. Austere camping
C. Desert camping
3. The word “glamping” is a blend of which word and “camping”?
4. Which of the following is the best thing that you should do with the camping trash?
A. Bury it at least 20 centimetres deep
B. Pack it out
C. Burn it
5. What is the best way to get rid of human waste while camping in nature?
A. Dump it in a lake or river
B. Hide it under the grass
C. Bury it in a cathole
6. Which of the following words refers to the process of assembling a tent?
7. What is the most useful knot to pitch a tent correctly?
A. Taut line
B. Butterfly loop
C. Half hitch knot
8. Who was considered the founder of modern recreational camping?
A. Thomas Hiram Holding
B. Robert Baden-Powell
C. Luther Halsey Gulick
9. In which of the following European countries is wild camping allowed?
10. What is the most common type of tent for camping?
A. Pop-up tent
B. Tunnel tent
C. Dome tent
11. Which type of sleeping bag is contoured to the body with a highly tapered leg area and foot box?
A. Barrel-shaped sleeping bag
B. Rectangular sleeping bag
C. Mummy sleeping bag
12. Which type of material for sleeping bags can be well insulated and lightweight?
13. What can you use during a camping trip to purify water?
A. Hydrogen peroxide
B. Iodine tablets
C. Carbon tablets
14. What is the name of the outer layer of a tent typically made of waterproof material to protect inner components against the weather?
A. A fly
B. A sky
C. A shield
15. What is cowboy camping?
A. Camping without a tent
B. Camping in Texas
C. Camping in the desert
16. Which unit is used to measure the thermal insulation or the thickness of sleeping bags?
A. TOG rating
B. CF rating
C. IET rating
17. A typical bivy tent can accommodate how many people?
18. What is an outhouse in a campground?
A. A kitchen
B. A toilet
C. A bathroom
19. What is the name of the piece of protective material or fabric that campers can lay under a tent to protect the floor against moisture, punctures, or abrasion?
A. A handprint
B. A fingerprint
C. A footprint
20. Wild areas in which part of the United Kingdom are the best for wild camping?
C. Northern Ireland
21. The term “billy can”, which refers to a lightweight cooking pot commonly used for cooking over a campfire, is typically used in which country?
A. The United States
C. The United Kingdom
22. Which of the following types of tents is most suitable for receptions or parties?
A. A frame tent
B. A pup tent
C. A dome tent
23. What is the typical shape of a Sibley tent?
A. A pyramid
B. A cone
C. A cube
24. How long should you boil the water to inactivate or kill waterborne pathogens?
A. 1 minute
B. 3 minutes
C. 5 minutes
25. Despite its name, a 4 season tent is generally used only in which season of the year?
26. Which type of tent is a portaledge?
A. An automatic tent
B. A hanging tent
C. A very big tent
27. Recreational camping first became popular in which country in the late 1800s?
A. The United States
28. What is the simplest type of campfire to build?
A. The teepee
B. The trench fire
C. The log cabin
29. What type of rope is used to keep a tent from falling over or flying away when camping?
A. A boy rope
B. A man rope
C. A guy rope
30. When you purchase a tent for camping, what does the letter HH or hydrostatic head indicate?
B. Wind resistance
C. Water resistance
31. Which material is best for water bottles during the winter?
C. Stainless steel
What do you think about these camping quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following trivia gardening quiz.