Gardening has been increasingly becoming a popular hobby. These activities are not only fun to do alone, but are also great opportunities to teach your children basic life skills. Below is a list of 35 trivia gardening quiz questions and answers to test your knowledge.
Gardening Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using mulch?
A. To keep the soil cool
B. To prevent weeds
C. To dry out wet soil
2. “Wilson’s Wonder” is a kind of which nut tree?
3. Which of the following is not a winter veggie?
4. Which of the following is a shade plant?
5. Which part of the horseradish plant can be used to make a sauce?
6. How long may seeds remain dormant in the ground?
A. A few days
B. A few months
C. A few years
7. Which of the following chemical elements is not among the main ingredients in most fertilisers?
8. When is the best time to grow garlic?
A. 4 weeks after the ground freezes
B. 4 weeks before the ground freezes
C. 4 weeks after the beginning of summer
9. Which of the following insects are often considered to be pests as they cause damage and feed on garden plants?
10. Which of the following foods is not in the rose family?
11. Which term is used for a plant that may keep growing in many seasons for at least 2 years?
A. Annual plants
B. Biennial plants
C. Perennial plants
12. Which of the following is a perennial plant?
13. Which of the following nutrients do plant not get directly from the soil?
14. Which technical term do we use for planting seeds?
15. What can we know when magnolia trees are in full bloom?
A. The ground is fertile
B. The weather is turning climate
C. It is spring
16. What is the benefit of crop rotation in veggie gardening?
A. To retain soil fertility
B. To move back larger plants
C. To spread out moisture
17. Which of the following is not a basic kind of soil?
18. Which of the following methods is the best way to plant tomatoes?
A. To cover the roots with soil
B. To bury them deep in the soil
C. To set the roots atop the soil
19. What is the best way to protect seedlings from frost during early spring?
A. To use frost repellents
B. To cover them with a frost blanket at night and remove it during the day
C. To use a heater at night
20. What is the main cause of blossom-end rot, a quite common gardening issue?
A. Cold conditions
B. Water shortage
C. Calcium imbalance
21. What is the most suitable soil pH level for the most veggie in the garden?
A. Around 3.5 to 4.5
B. Around 6 to 7
C. Around 9 to 10
22. Which of the following crops is not a good companion plant for green beans?
A. Brussel Sprouts
23. Aged compost is typically the best option for veggie gardens. Which of the following is not a feature of aged compost?
24. Which may we add to the garden soil to boost tilth, reduce pH level, prevent diseases, and improve nitrogen?
B. Coffee grounds
C. Orange peels
25. Which of the following is not an advantage of square foot gardening?
A. To have more location options
B. To allow plants to grow faster
C. To reduce weeds
26. How can gardeners control snails effectively?
A. To use snail pellets
B. The spray vinegar
C. To plant basils
27. In which modern-day nation can we find the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
28. Which plant was originally called “the love apple”?
29. What is the main characteristic of deciduous trees?
A. Their leaves remain functional and green during the winter
B. They shed their leaves during the autumn
C. They can ensure high temperatures
30. Based on the pH levels, soil can be divided into alkaline, acidic, and …
31. Bonsai is the art of creating small trees to mimic the shape of trees in real life. From which country does it come from?
32. A deficiency of which element may lead to the yellowing of the leaves?
33. Which of the following birds can help pollinate flowers?
A. Scarlet Robin
B. Grey Fantail
34. What do we call the practice of clipping the twigs and foliage of shrubs or trees to clear clearly defined shapes?
35. What is the main feature of a water garden?
A. To grow plants adapted to ponds and pools
B. To add ponds or pools to the existing garden
C. To use more water in growing plants
We hope you have a lot of fun and learn some interesting facts with these gardening quiz questions and answers. For more knowledge, make sure to check out the following trivia flower quiz.