Dancing is one of the most popular forms of personal expression. From the frenzy of the Samba to the graceful movements of ballet, various body movements may be combined with unique music or cultural costumes to bring both symbolic and aesthetic values. Check out the following 31 trivia dance quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about this performing art form.
Dance Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What is the haka dance of the Maori people in New Zealand used for?
A. Religious events
B. Warrior training
2. In which style do dancers keep their arms behind the back or to the side and do everything with the feet?
A. Jump dancing
B. Walk dancing
C. Step dancing
3. How many foot positions are typically there in ballet?
4. Which of the following is the traditional dance and music in Argentina?
5. The Waltz is a popular dance that originated in the late 17th century from which city?
A. Berlin, Germany
B. Vienna, Austria
C. Budapest, Hungary
6. In which time signature is the waltz typically performed?
7. Which of the following musical instruments is mostly associated with Scottish highland dancing?
8. Which of the following is not a traditional tool often used in Morris dancing?
9. The Polonaise and the Mazurka are traditional styles of dance in which European country?
10. In dancing, who is responsible for designing and creating the dancing movements?
A. Dance trainer
B. Dance composer
C. Dance choreographer
11. In Butoh dance, a form of Japanese dance theatre, the body makeup of the performers is traditionally covered in which colour?
12. In 1990, the video of the song “Achy Breaky Heart” by the American singer Billy Ray Cyrus made which type of dance become a global craze?
B. Line dance
C. Highland dance
13. Which of the following is not a popular form of ballroom dance?
C. Cha Cha
14. Which of the following is NOT a typical feature of jazz dance?
A. High kicks
B. Bent knees
C. Low centre of gravity
15. Breakdancing or b-boying/b-girling is a form of street dance created by which group in the United States?
A. Asian Americans
B. Hispanic Americans
C. African Americans
16. The Charleston is a lively ballroom dance featured by swung heels and twisted knees. Where did the name “Charleston” come from?
A. The name of the person
B. The name of a city
C. The name of a music style
17. Disco is a form of dance originating in the United States during which time?
A. 20s and 30s
B. 40s and 50s
C. 60s and 70s
18. Which of the following styles of dance did not originate from Cuba?
19. The concept of traditional folk dancing is believed to flourish from which country?
20. Which style of dance is characterised by flaring arms and slow, smooth movements?
21. Which of the following is NOT a traditional style of dance in many Asian countries in which performers mimic the movements of an animal?
A. Tiger dance
B. Lion dance
C. Dragon dance
22. Which of the following is the most traditional form of the waltz dance?
A. The Slow waltz
B. The Austrian waltz
C. The Viennese waltz
23. Ballet is a form of performance dance that originated from Italy during which time period?
A. The Dark Ages
B. The Middle Ages
C. The Renaissance
24. Originated from Trinidad and Tobago, Soca is a form of dance characterised by the swinging of which body part?
25. Belly dance, also known as Oriental Dance, has its origins since ancient times in which country?
C. Saudi Arabia
26. Which of the following is NOT a typical feature of tango?
A. Deep dips
B. Quick kicks
C. Short, gliding steps
27. Paso Doble, meaning double step, is a traditional dance in Spain that is often performed during which event?
A. Sport contests
28. Which of the following is the main style of salsa dance?
A. Linear salsa
B. Straight salsa
C. Line salsa
29. Samba is the most popular form of dance in Brazil. It tends to reach the height of its importance during which festival?
A. Passion Plays
30. Which dancing style was created for those people who struggled in society and did not have a voice in the community due to the lack of wealth?
B. Hip hop
31. Which of the following dancers is best known for his Irish dance shows?
A. Peter Martins
B. Paddy Brennan
C. Michael Flatley
What do you think about these dance music quiz questions and answers? We hope you have learned many interesting facts about this exciting and unique activity. For more challenges, check out the following musicals quiz.