Musical is a great form of theatrical performance with a combination of dance, acting, and songs. Over the past decades, it is well-loved by many fans all over the world. Some even become TV series or movies and gain widespread popularity. Check out the following trivia musicals quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Musicals Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Where in the United Kingdom can you see the highest level of musical theatre?
B. West End
C. Al Hirschfeld
2. Javert, Fantine, and Jean Valjean are characters in which musical?
A. The Book of Mormon
B. Guys and Dolls
C. Les Miserables
3. In the musical Wicked, what is the real name of the Wicked Witch?
4. Which musical features songs like “Get Me to the Church on Time”, “The Rain in Spain”, and “I Could Have Danced All Night”?
A. Come From Away
B. Moulin Rouge!
C. My Fair Lady
5. Which show about Sandy and Danny was made into a film with Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta?
A. Love in a Taxi
C. No Place to be Somebody
6. Complete the first line of the song “Favourite Things” in the musical The Sound of Music: “Raindrops on …”
7. The following lyrics come from which Broadway musical: “Seventeen seventy-six. New York City. Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?”
8. Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creators of South Park, also write which long-running West End musical?
A. Back to the Future
B. The Book of Mormon
C. To Kill a Mockingbird
9. What is the crime made by Roxie Hart in the musical Chicago?
A. Murdering her lover
B. Murdering her parents
C. Murdering her tenant
10. In the musical Hairspray, what does the overweight teenager Tracy Turnblad do on The Corny Collins Show?
A. To sing
B. To play the piano
C. To dance
11. Who is the best friend of Matilda in the musical Matilda?
B. Bruce Bogtrotter
C. Miss Honey
12. What is the prison number of Jean Valjean in the musical Les Miserables?
13. The musical West Side Story is based on which play by William Shakespeare?
B. Romeo and Juliet
C. A midsummer Night’s Dream
14. In the musical Mary Poppins, what happens in the last scene?
A. The parents waltz happily together
B. Mary Poppins flies high to the sky
C. The children say goodbye to Mary Poppins
15. In the comedy musical School of Rock, which musical instrument does the teacher Dewey Finn play?
16. Which of the following is the longest-running musical on Broadway?
A. The Phantom of the Opera
C. The Lion King
17. The musical Mamma Mia is based on the story of which music group?
A. Spice Girls
C. Destiny’s Child
18. In the musical Cats, the song “Memory” was sung by which character?
19. Which musical is started with the song “Anybody have a map?”
A. Dear Evan Hansen
B. Spring Awakening
20. Which famous singer is starred in the musical drama film “A Star Is Born”?
C. Lady Gaga
21. The 2014 West End musical “I Can’t Sing” was based on which reality TV show?
A. The Voice
B. American Idol
C. The X Factor
22. In the musical Little Shop of Horrors, what is special about the plant Audrey II?
A. It tortures children
B. It eats men
C. It drinks blood
23. What is the real name of the Phantom in the musical “The Phantom of the Opera”?
24. The musical film La La Land is a love story of an aspiring actress and a jazz pianist in which US city?
A. New York
B. Los Angeles
25. Which of the following theatrical forms is closely related to musical theatre?
26. Which of the following musicals is based on the Holy Grail and Monty Python?
C. Starlight Express
27. Which of the following is the longest-running musical on West End?
A. The Lion King
B. The Phantom of the Opera
C. Les Miserables
28. The musical “Legally Blonde” is the story of a sorority girl named Elle Woods who enrols at which university?
A. Harvard University
C. Stanford University
29. Complete the lyrics from the musical “The Sound of Music”: “You are …, going on …”
A. Sixteen – Seventeen
B. Seventeen – Eighteen
C. Eighteen – Nineteen
30. Sir Elton John won an Oscar for Best Original Song in which animated musical film?
A. Beauty and the Beast
B. The Lion King
C. The Little Mermaid
Whether you are a big fan or want to learn some interesting facts, we hope these musicals quiz questions and answers may bring you a lot of fun. For more challenges, make sure to try the following trivia opera quiz.
two of your answers are incorrect. West Side Story = Romeo and Juliet. Holy Grail and Monty Python = Spamalot.
26 is Spamalot!!
It’s Monthy Python and the Holy Grail, not the other way round!