Hats do not only help protect our heads from weather conditions, but they also serve many other different purposes, from fashion and religion to safety and social status. Let’s take a look at the following 30 hat quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about them.
Hat Quiz Questions And Answers
1. In which religion do all males have to wear a brimless cap called a kippah to cover their head?
2. Which type of helmet do workers usually wear in construction or industrial sites to protect their head from falling objects or impact with other stuff?
A. Solid hat
B. Compact hat
C. Hard hat
3. It is illegal to wear a hat when you are doing what in Fargo, North Dakota, the United States?
C. Making a speech
4. Despite its name, the Panama hat has its origin from which country?
5. People in which occupation typically wear a round, tall, pleated white hat called a toque blanche?
6. In the series “Harry Potter”, what can the Sorting Hat do?
A. To identify which students cheated in the exams
B. To assign exercises to relevant students
C. To determine the suitable House for new students
7. Who is a hatter?
A. A person who sells or makes men’s hats
B. A person who sells or makes women’s hats
C. A person who sells or makes children’s hats
8. Which term refers to a person who sells or makes women’s hats?
A. A cordwainer
B. A milliner
C. A draper
9. Which animal is often pulled from a top hat by many magicians?
10. The Trilby hat gets its name from what?
A. A novel
B. A movie
C. A song
11. The earliest hat on record in the world is from a 15000-year-old cave painting in which country?
12. During the Elizabethan period, every boy over the age of 6 who was not a gentleman had to wear a wool cap on which day of the week?
13. Which type of hat did the English actor Charles Chaplin usually wear?
A. Ascot cap
C. Bowler hat
14. It is said that the American actor John Nicholson once used what as a hat stand?
A. An Oscar trophy
B. A gun
C. A tree branch
15. What is the colour of the feather on Peter Pan’s hat?
16. In which of the following sports do players usually wear a cap?
17. The deerstalker, a type of hat made of 6 or 8 triangular panels with sewn rounded sides, is mostly associated with which fictional character?
A. James Bond
C. Sherlock Holmes
18. What is a popular tradition with the square academic caps during graduation ceremonies?
A. To throw them at other people
B. To toss them in the air
C. To draw on them
19. The Balmoral cap is a traditional type of hat in which part of the United Kingdom?
C. Northern Ireland
20. Wear A Hat Day is an annual fundraising event in the United Kingdom to help raise people’s awareness of which medical condition?
A. Brain tumours
B. Parkinson’s disease
Answer: A. Brain tumours[/su_spoiler]
21. Which type of hat is the signature look of the American single Pharrell Williams?
A. Bull hat
B. Buffalo hat
C. Ox hat
22. What is the value of the Chapeau d’Amour or the hat of love, which is the most expensive hat ever made in the world?
A. $ 270.000
B. $ 2.7 million
C. $ 27 million
23. What is the Guinness World Record for the tallest hat, which was made in Florida?
A. 1.7 metres
B. 4.8 metres
C. 8.3 metres
24. What is the name of the tall hats that you commonly see the queen’s guards wear at the Buckingham Palace?
A. Bearfur hat
B. Bearhead hat
C. Bearskin hat
25. Which type of hat was commonly associated with many military leaders, especially Napoleon Bonaparte?
A. Hardee hat
B. Beret hat
C. Bicorne hat
26. The cloche hat, which has a fitted and bell-shaped design, was particularly popular during which period?
A. 1892 to 1903
B. 1922 to 1933
C. 1962 to 1973
27. The name of the fez, a short and red hat in the cylindrical shape, originates from the name of a city in which country?
28. Which of the following types of hat are not used to shield the eyes and face from the sun?
B. Conical hat
29. Which type of hat do police officers wear in Wales and England?
A. Custodian helmet
B. Guardian helmet
C. Protectant helmet
30. Which of the following is the name of a children’s book written by Theodor Geisel?
A. The Dog in the Hat
B. The Cat in the Hat
C. The Horse in the Hat
What do you think about these hat quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following trivia fashion quiz.