Clothes have been playing an important part in our lives for thousands of years. Not only do they serve practical purposes and keep us dry or warm, but these colourful and versatile items can also be a way of communication. Check out the following 45 trivia fashion quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about its rich and long history.
Fashion Quiz Questions And Answers
1. The “Big Four” fashion capitals of the 21st century include New York, London, Paris, and …
2. Which decade was especially associated with miniskirts?
A. The 1950s
B. The 1960s
C. The 1970s
3. In which year did the French engineer Louis Reard invent bikini?
4. Which of the following is a lifestyle and fashion magazine?
5. Which of the following fashion houses was founded first?
B. Yves Saint Laurent
6. How many times a year does the New York Fashion Week take place?
A. 1 time
B. 2 times
C. 3 times
7. Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis are usually credited with invented which type of pants?
C. Denim jeans
8. Jeans are named after which city in Italy, where cotton corduroy called jean was manufactured?
9. This well-known quote was said by which famous fashion designer? “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
A. Donatella Versace
B. Coco Chanel
C. Michael Kors
10. Fendi is a luxury fashion house from which country?
11. The wedding dress of Meghan Markle was designed by which French fashion house?
A. Yves Saint Laurent
B. Louis Vuitton
12. Which of the following apparel retailers was founded in from Japan?
13. What was the theme of the 2020 Met Gala before it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic?
14. The wrap dress was invented by which famous fashion designer?
A. Karl Lagerfeld
B. Diane Von Furstenberg
C. Donatella Versace
15. The draped fashion during the 1930s was inspired by which culture?
A. Ancient Egyptian
B. Ancient Mesopotamia
C. Ancient Greek
16. “Austerity” or “utility” fashion was adopted in the 1940s due to which historical event?
A. World War II
B. Economic crisis
C. Shortage of materials
17. Which supermodel stripped over her shoes and fell over on the catwalk in 1993?
A. Naomi Campbell
B. Claudia Schiffer
C. Cindy Crawford
18. Which type of knee-length trousers for women that are cut to look like a skirt with full legs?
B. Harem pants
C. Bell bottoms
19. Which German fashion designer and creative direction passed away in 2019? He was associated with Fendi and Chanel.
A. Wolfgang Joop
B. Karl Lagerfeld
C. Michael Michalsky
20. The logo of which French leather good brand features a jockey that rides a horse?
A. Pierre Cardin
B. Thierry Mugler
21. What is the real first name of the fashion designer Coco Chanel?
22. Which contemporary term is used to describe inexpensive designs that quickly move from the catwalks to stores to meet temporary trends?
A. Speedy Fashion
B. Harsh Fashion
C. Fast Fashion
23. Which street in London is known for traditional bespoke tailoring for men?
A. Bond Street
B. Savile Row
C. Covent Garden
24. The logo of Burberry, a British luxury brand, features which illustration?
A. An equestrian knight
B. An ancient god
C. An alligator
25. What do we call the long outer garment worn by clergymen?
26. In which year did the London Fashion Week take place for the first time?
27. The word “suit” is derived from which language?
28. According to traditional Indian customs, a bridge wears a sari in which color?
29. Where can you put on espadrilles?
30. The soldiers in which country might wear a fustanella, a stuff white kilt?
31. Which type of stitch is often used in smocking, a popular kind of decoration on clothing for young children?
A. Honeycomb stitch
B. Back stitch
C. Chain stitch
32. What is the most commonly used material option for clothes today?
33. What does the D&G stand for?
A. Dane & Gaultier
B. Dolce & Gabbana
C. Dresden & Gates
34. Which of the following British royals was a popular fashion icon?
A. Princess Diana
B. Prince Harry
C. Queen Victoria
35. Which of the following American reality TV shows focuses on fashion design?
A. Project Runway
B. America’s Next Top Model
C. Say Yes to the Dress
36. Which group of customers was the main focus of fashion designers during the 1950s?
A. The working class
B. Young people and teenagers
C. Middle-aged women
37. Where is supermodel Kate Moss from?
A. The United Kingdom
C. The United States of America
38. Which designed was known for defining women’s fashion in the 50s?
A. Christian Dior
B. Betsey Johnson
C. Vivienne Westwood
39. What are Culottes?
C. A bit of both
40. The famous fashion designer Gorgio Armani is known for which feature?
A. Neon colors
B. Futuristic patterns
C. Clean lines
41. Which brand is most famous for its polo shirts?
A. Ralph Lauren
C. Jack Wolfskin
42. The “Big Four” fashion weeks take place in London, New York City, Paris, and which city?
43. H&M is a fashion retailer from which European country?
44. What are models under the contract to Victoria’s Secret known as?
A. Victoria’s Secret Beauties
B. Victoria’s Secret Angels
C. Victoria’s Secret Ladies
45. What is the name of the traditional Scottish men skirt?
You don’t have to be a stylist or designer to handle these fashion quiz questions and answers. We hope it can provide several interesting facts about this important aspect of our life. For more challenges, check out the following quiz or this one for families or this about colours.