Italy is a popular destination for a variety of reasons. You can enjoy many things there, from delicious dishes and old-looking cities to unique arts and luxury brands. Let’s try the following 35 Italy quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Italy Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Italy is located in which part of Europe?
2. Which of the following countries does NOT share land borders with Italy?
3. Which of the following is believed to have been first introduced by the Greeks to Italy around 600 B.C.?
A. Olive cultivation
4. Which of the following is a luxury Italian car brand?
5. How to say “thank you” in Italian?
6. Which Italian city is built on a group of 118 islands linked by more than 400 bridges?
7. Which city is the capital of Italy?
8. According to Italian traditions, how many kisses do friends give each other for greeting?
9. What is special about the Tower of Pisa in Italy?
A. It is a leaning tower
B. It was constructed completely in gold
C. It is the highest tower in Italy
10. Which microstate is surrounded by the city of Rome?
A. Vatican City
B. San Marino
11. Which kind of food is burrata, a speciality from the Apulia region in Italy?
12. Which Italian football club have won a record of 36 champion titles of the premier football league competition, often known as Serie A?
B. AC Milan
C. AS Roma
13. What is the main ingredient in Gin, a typical cocktail in Italy?
14. Which Italian artist was the author of the iconic painting “Mona Lisa”?
C. Leonardo da Vinci
15. The shape of Italy on the map looks like which object?
A. A hat
B. A boot
C. A smartphone
16. What are the three colours on the national flag of Italy?
A. Red, white, green
B. Blue, white, red
C. Black, red, yellow
17. The famous play “Romeo and Juliet” by Williams Shakespeare is set in which Italian city?
18. Who was the leader of Italy from 1922 to 1943 before he was killed and hung in 1945?
A. Julius Caesar
B. Silvio Berlusconi
C. Benito Mussolini
19. The modern version of pizza originated from which Italian city?
20. What do people typically do when they visit the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy?
A. Put a lock on the fence
B. Throw a coin into the water
C. Touch the head of a god
21. Italy is the world’s largest producer of which product?
B. Olive oil
22. Which children’s book was written by the Italian author Carlo Collodi in 1881?
A. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
B. The Adventures of Pinocchio
23. Which form of theatre originated at the end of the 16th century in Italy?
24. What was the official currency in Italy before it changed to the euro in 2002?
B. Italian dollars
25. Which legendary explorer was born in the Italian city of Genoa?
A. Christopher Columbus
B. Vasco Da Gama
C. James Cook
26. According to statistics by UNESCO, approximately 60 per cent of the world’s most important works of art are in Italy, and half of these are in which city?
27. Which of the following facts is true about the Venice Film Festival?
A. It is held every two years in Venice
B. It is the oldest film festival in the world
C. The highest prize is the Golden Tiger
28. Which Italian region is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
29. What destroyed the entire ancient city of Pompeii in 79 CE?
A. Volcano eruption
C. An attack by the Greeks
30. According to Roman mythology, Remus and Romulus, the two founders of Rome, were fed by which animal?
A. A lion
B. A wolf
C. A dragon
31. Prada, Versace, Fendi, and Gucci are famous Italian companies in which field?
A. Automotive industry
32. Which musical instrument was invented by an Italian maker around 1700?
33. Italy is divided into how many administrative regions?
34. What is the official name of Italy?
A. Republic of Italy
B. Federal Republic of Italy
C. Kingdom of Spain
35. When did Italy become a unified country?
What do you think about these Italy quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following China quiz.