Macbeth is among the greatest tragedies of William Shakespeare. There is almost everything in this well-worked drama, from supernatural portents, battles, as well as murder. If you are a fan of Shakespeare, try these 39 trivia Macbeth quiz questions and answers to test your knowledge.
Macbeth Quiz Questions and Answers
1. What was the main setting of Macbeth?
A. England in the 10th century
B. Scotland in the 11th century
C. Ireland in the 12th century
2. What is the tragic flaw of Macbeth?
3. In which year was Macbeth first published?
4. What does Macduff do when he is informed about the slaughter of his family?
A. He leaves the kingdom forever
B. He becomes insane after a breakdown
C. He shows his grief and wants to avenge the murder
5. Why do Donalbain and Malcolm run away from Scotland?
A. They fear that they would be murdered
B. They want to join forces with Sweden
C. They are sent away on an important mission
6. Who is the murder of Banquo?
C. Hired by Macbeth
7. In Macbeth, what does blood represent?
8. Which of the following traits in Macbeth is criticised by Lady Macbeth to manipulate him?
A. Weakness on the battlefield
9. When Macbeth first meets the Three Witches, who is travelling with him?
A. Lady Macbeth
10. Which country is at war with the Scots at the beginning of Macbeth?
11. What is the name of Banquo’s son?
12. When Macbeth has wild behaviours at the banquet, how does his wife explain to other people?
A. He is ill
B. He drinks too much wine
C. He is sad with Duncan’s death
13. How can Macbeth persuade the murderers to kill Banquo?
A. He pays them a lot of money
B. He comments about their lack of manliness
C. He threatens to kill them
14. Why does Macbeth become envious of Malcolm?
A. Because he marries Hecate
B. Because he is the heir to the throne
C. Because he is better than Macbeth at fighting
15. Who says: “Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here.”
C. Lady Macbeth
16. Macbeth decides not to kill Duncan for which reason?
A. Because Duncan is a guest
B. Because Duncan is a relative
C. Because Duncan is stronger than Macbeth
17. What is included in the promise of the weird sisters to Macbeth?
A. The Scotland kingdom
B. Everlasting life
C. Victory in every battle
18. Which is the last apparition that Macbeth can see while returning to the Witches?
A. A ghost from the past
B. A procession of kings
C. A blood-covered kid
19. In Macbeth, the setting for Act 5 is in which place?
20. Who says the following to Macbeth: “The queen, my lord, is dead.”?
A. The Doctor
21. Which character in Macbeth speaks the last line of the play?
B. Old Siward
22. Macbeth is rewarded with the title Thane of Cawdor by which character?
A. The witches
B. King Duncan
23. “Foul is fair and fair is foul”. Who says that?
C. The Three Witches
24. The first line in Macbeth is said by which character?
A. The first Witch
B. The second Witch
C. The third Witch
25. After Duncan is killed, Malcolm decides to flee to which country?
26. Which character kills Lady Macbeth?
C. Lady Macbeth kills herself
27. Which of the following statements is true about Macbeth?
A. Macbeth is the shortest play by William Shakespeare
B. Macbeth is based on a material called “Holinshed’s Chronicle”
C. The original version of Macbeth was in Scottish
28. How many acts are there in Macbeth?
29. Which character kills Macbeth?
30. Throughout the play, how many people reign as the King of the Scotland Kingdom?
31. Which character discovers the body of Duncan?
32. Before Macbeth kills Duncan, which vision does he have?
A. A floating dagger that points to the chamber of Duncan
B. A pale maiden that weeps in the moonlight
C. A bloody axe that is lodged in the brow of Duncan
33. At the end of Macbeth, the army of which country invades Scotland?
34. Which character in Macbeth is the goddess of witchcraft?
35. What does Lady Macbeth see before she kills herself?
A. The ghost of Duncan
B. Her kids killed in the battle
C. Fits of sleepwalking
36. How does Macbeth react when he is informed about the slaughter of his family?
A. He does not believe it
B. He wants to take revenge
C. He becomes insane
37. How does Macbeth tell his wife about the battle victory and the meeting with the three witches?
A. In a letter
C. By messenger
38. Who becomes the new king of Scotland at the end?
39. How does Macbeth take revenge on the treachery of Macduff?
A. To kill his family
B. To seize his castle
We hope you had a great time with these Macbeth quiz questions and answers. They would provide you with some interesting and helpful knowledge about this great tragedy by Shakespeare. Check out the following R&B music quiz, this dance quiz, or this trivia musical quiz to see how much you know about it.
Quiz was pleasurable