March is the time when the cold winter slowly shifts to spring. It’s a perfect month with many activities and events. Let’s take a look at the following 33 March quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
March Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When do people around the world celebrate International Women’s Day?
A. March 8
B. March 18
C. March 28
2. What is the other name for Holi, a popular ancient Hindu festival that takes place annually in February or March?
A. Festival of Lights
B. Festival of Sounds
C. Festival of Colours
3. What is the name of the full moon in March?
A. Pink Moon
B. Worm Moon
C. Flower Moon
4. March 17, also known as Saint Patrick’s Day, is a public holiday in which European country?
5. On 22 March 1990, what was the first animal to be born in space?
A. A chick
B. A duckling
C. A poult
6. When is the March equinox, which marks the beginning of autumn in the Southern Hemisphere and spring in the Northern Hemisphere?
A. 1 or 2 March
B. 11 or 12 March
C. 20 or 21 March
7. The name of March originated from which god in Roman mythology?
A. God of ocean
B. God of war
C. God of light
8. Which prestigious military academy was founded on 16 March 1802 in the United States?
A. East Point
B. West Point
C. North Point
9. If you were born on March 25, what will be your zodiac sign?
10. On 31 March 1889, which famous landmark was inaugurated in Europe?
A. Big Ben, London
B. Eiffel Tower, Paris
C. Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
11. Complete the following proverb: “March comes in like a … and goes out like a …”
A. Dragon / chicken
B. Tiger / pig
C. Lion / lamb
12. How many days are there in March?
13. Which annual celebration is observed each year by the mathematics community on 14 March?
A. Sin Day
B. Rectangular Day
C. Pi Day
14. In the Ancient Roman calendar, March was actually which month of the year?
15. March Madness is a tournament played in the United States in which sport?
A. American football
16. What is the birthstone for the month of March?
17. What is the birth flower for the month of March?
18. According to superstition, what may happen on March 15, also known as the Ides of March?
A. Bad weather
B. Bad luck
C. Bad food
19. In which religion do people celebrate a holiday called Purim in March each year?
20. Which leader of the Roman Empire was assassinated by members of the Senate on 15 March 44 BC?
A. Alexander the Great
C. Julius Caesar
21. In 2013, the United Nations designated 21 March each year as the International Day of what?
22. On 7 March 1933, which popular board game was created by Charles Darrow?
23. Which item was patented by an English inventor called Stephen Perry on 17 March 1845?
A. Rubber band
B. Fountain pen
24. Which of the following Saint’s Days is NOT celebrated in March?
A. St. Joseph’s Day
B. St. David’s Day
C. Saint George’s Day
25. The ancient festival of Nowruz is celebrated in March each year in which country to celebrate the Persian New Year?
26. Which of the following celebrities was born in March?
A. Elton John
B. Ed Sheeran
27. Which film surpassed Star Wars on 15 March 1998 to become the highest-grossing movie at box offices in North America?
A. The Lord of the Rings
C. Mission: Impossible
28. Which social media platform was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorney, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Noah Glass?
29. How to say March in French?
30. What did Alexander Graham Bell do on 10 March 1876?
A. The first flight
B. The first phone call
C. The first car drive
31. Which popular baby toy was first introduced by Mattel company in March 1959 at the American Toy Fair in New York?
B. Barbie dolls
C. Nerf guns
32. Which month of the year also ends on the same day of the week as March?
33. On 6 March 1899, which drug was patented by the German company Bayer?
What do you think about these March quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following February quiz.