Pandas are one of the rarest mammals in the world. They are well known for their cute appearances with distinct white-and-black colouration. Check out the following trivia panda quiz questions and answers to test you on everything about this adorable animal.
Panda Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What is the average lifespan of wild pandas?
A. 10 years
B. 20 years
C. 30 years
2. What is the typical diet of pandas?
3. On average, how many times does a typical panda poo on a daily basis?
A. 10 times
B. 30 times
C. 50 times
4. In which country can we find most of the panda population?
5. What is the typical habitat of pandas in the wild?
A. In dry desserts
B. In cool mountain forests
C. Near the seas or lakes
6. What do we call the special bone that typically extends from the wrist of a panda?
7. On average, how many hours per day does a typical panda spend eating?
A. 6 hours
B. 9 hours
C. 12 hours
8. What do we call a baby panda?
A. A pup
B. A cub
C. A calf
9. How many pandas often live together?
10. What are the typical colours of a baby panda?
B. Pink with black spots
C. White and black spots
11. What is the approximate number of pandas that are living in the wild?
A. Around 500
B. Around 2000
C. Around 5000
12. To which animal family do pandas belong?
B. Big cat
13. What is the main reason that would make pandas go extinct?
A. They do not reproduce fast
B. Humans are destroying their habitat
C. They do not have sufficient food
14. What is the typical sound that baby pandas often make?
A. Squeaking noises
B. Bleating noises
C. Roaring noises
15. When is the usual mating season of pandas?
A. From March to May
B. From June to August
C. From September to December
16. Why are most young pandas born helpless?
A. Because they are unable to move
B. Because their eyes are unable to open
C. Because they cannot feed themselves
17. How many years do baby pandas need to stay with their mothers before they become mature?
A. 6 months to 1 year
B. 1.5 to 3 years
C. 3 to 4 years
18. In addition to bamboo, pandas sometimes also hunt which animals?
19. How can pandas take in most of the water needed for their bodies?
A. Drink water from streams
B. Obtain water from bamboo
C. Drink rainwater
20. How can pandas define and recognise their territories?
A. Pee on their territories
B. Use scent marks
C. Negotiate by sounds
21. What is the average size of a mature panda?
A. 0.6 metres to 1 metre
B. 1.2 metres to 1.5 metres
C. 2 metres to 2.5 metres
22. What is the average weight of a mature panda?
A. Around 135 kilograms
B. Around 255 kilograms
C. Around 345 kilograms
23. What is the current status of pandas on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species?
A. Near threatened
24. In which posture do pandas often eat their meals?
25. How long does the pregnant period of pandas last?
A. 5 months
B. 12 months
C. 16 months
26. How many curbs do female pandas typically give birth in each delivery?
A. 1 to 2
B. 3 to 4
C. 5 to 6
27. Based on the food type, to which classification do pandas belong?
28. The panda is featured on the logo of which international organisation?
A. World Wide Fund for Nature – WWF
B. International Animal Rescue
C. International Fund for Animal Welfare – IFAW
29. What is the name of the giant panda that leads the Furious Five in “Kung Fu Panda”?
30. How many fingers are there on each paw of pandas?
31. How many days per year are female pandas fertile?
A. 3 days
B. 10 days
C. 30 days
32. How long have pandas been existing on Earth?
A. 2 to 3 thousand years
B. 20 to 30 thousand years
C. 2 to 3 million years
33. What do we call a group of pandas?
A. An embarrassment
B. A congress
C. A mischief
34. What are the functions of pandas’ black-and-white markings?
C. Both camouflage and communication
35. What is the scientific name of pandas?
A. Canis lupus
B. Ailuropoda melanoleuca
C. Felis domesticus
36. What do pandas often do when winter comes?
A. They hibernate
B. They head lower down the mountain
C. They eat fewer bamboos
37. Why do pandas have to consume a large amount of bamboo every day to meet their nutritional needs?
A. Because bamboo does not contain many nutrients
B. Because pandas require a lot of nutrients
C. Because the digestive system of pandas is not efficient
38. Which form of memory do pandas rely on?
A. Visual memory
B. Spatial memory
C. Both spatial and visual memory
39. Which part of bamboos do pandas often eat?
We hope you can learn a lot of interesting facts and knowledge with these panda quiz questions and answers. If you still have time, check out the following BMW quiz or the following trivia quiz about the British wildlife or this one about world wildlife.