Religion has always been playing an important part in human history. From Paganism, Judaism, and Muslim to Christianity, Buddhism and many other folk practices, the world of religion is as diverse as culture. To see how much you know, check out the following 30 trivia religion quiz questions and answers.
Religion Quiz Questions And Answers
1. As of 2021, what is the most popular religion in the world by the number of followers?
2. Shinto is the native belief system in which Asian country?
A. South Korea
3. What is the name of Zoroastrianism’s main sacred text?
A. The Avesta
B. The Rig-Veda
C. The Qur’an
4. When did Protestantism and Catholicism, two major branches of Christianity, split up from each other?
A. The 4th century
B. The 8th century
C. The 16th century
5. What is considered to be the largest religious monument in the world?
A. Taj Mahal, India
B. Angkor Wat, Cambodia
C. Hagia Sophia, Turkey
6. All Muslims with financial and physical ability are obliged to visit which holy city for the Haji at least once during their lifetime?
7. Also known as the Day of Atonement, what is the holiest day of the year in Judaism?
A. Erev Pesach
B. Rosh Hashanah
C. Yom Kippur
8. Which of the following religions is known for practising nonviolence?
9. Which country has the greatest proportion of Hindus in the world?
10. What do the Muslims typically do during Ramada, which is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar?
A. To travel to Mecca
B. To fast between sunup and sundown
C. To pray 5 times a day
11. Who is the most important god in the Aztec, Mayan, and Inca religions?
A. The Moon god
B. The Sun god
C. The Forest god
12. Yoga is most closely associated with which religious tradition?
13. What is the symbolic flower in Buddhism, which represents a person who overcame the pain and sufferings in the material world and became enlightened?
14. Who is called the supreme being or God in Islam?
15. What is the major symbol of Taoism that represents harmony, duality, and the feminine/masculine balance?
A. Crescent moon
B. Yin and yang
16. How many major Olympian gods and goddesses are there in ancient Greek religion?
17. Who is the supreme god worshipped by the Vikings?
18. In which country do people celebrate the Day of the Dead or Dia de Muertos by remembering and praying for family members and friends who have died?
19. What do Christians celebrate on Easter?
A. The birth of Jesus Christ
B. The resurrection of Jesus Christ
C. The death of Jesus Christ
20. In Muslim, Christian, and Jewish beliefs, who helped the Hebrew slaves find their way out of Egypt?
21. Indra is a Hindu god associated with which natural phenomenon?
22. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all monotheism. What does this term mean?
A. A religion with one sacred text
B. A religion with one god
C. A religion with one goal
23. A member of Sikhism is now allowed to do which of the following?
A. To have sex
B. To cut their hair
C. To kill animals
24. What is Nirvana, which all Buddhists aim to achieve through moral living and meditation?
A. Afterlife in the heaven
B. A state of wisdom and inner peace
C. The supreme god
25. Which of the following is not a branch of Protestantism?
26. Zoroastrianism is one of the oldest monotheistic religions in the world. From which modern-day country did it originate?
27. The Parthenon in Athens, Greece is dedicated to which ancient Greek goddess?
28. Complete the Holy Trinity in Christianity: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and …”
A. The Holy Spirit
B. The Virgin Mother
C. The Holy God
29. What is the name for the place of worship in Islam?
A. A synagogue
B. A derasar
C. A mosque
30. How many pints are there in the Star of David, the symbol of Judaism?
What do you think about these religion quiz questions and answers? We hope you have learned many interesting facts about people’s believes around the world. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following Thanksgiving quiz.