Thanksgiving is an important holiday in the United States. Each year, people gather with their families to reflect on what they are thankful for and enjoy a special meal. Check out the following 30 trivia Thanksgiving quiz questions and answers to learn more about it.
Thanksgiving Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Thanksgiving is always celebrated on which day of the week?
2. Which dish is typically the centrepiece of a Thanksgiving meal?
A. Roast pork
B. Roast chicken
C. Roast turkey
3. Each year, people celebrate Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in which month?
4. Which U.S President officially declared Thanksgiving an annual holiday in 1863?
A. Abraham Lincoln
B. Andrew Johnson
C. Ulysses S. Grant
5. The pilgrims were the first people to celebrate Thanksgiving. Who were actually the pilgrims?
A. A group of indigenous people
B. A group of people migrated to America from England due to religious reasons
C. A group of farmers in Northeastern America
6. When was the first Thanksgiving celebrated by the Pilgrims?
7. What was the meaning behind the first Thanksgiving celebration?
A. To celebrate a religious event
B. To celebrate their relationship with indigenous people
C. To celebrate a good harvest with plenty of crops
8. Which of the following events is the largest Thanksgiving day parade in the world?
A. America’s Thanksgiving Parade
B. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
C. Chicago Thanksgiving Parade
9. Which sport is traditionally associated with Thanksgiving Day in which almost all levels, from amateur to professional, play on this day?
A. American football
10. In the American TV sitcom “Friends”, which character does not like Thanksgiving?
11. Which famous Christmas carol was originally written as a Thanksgiving song?
A. Silent Night
B. Joy to the World
C. Jingle Bells
12. What is the day right after Thanksgiving often known as?
A. Happy Friday
B. Black Friday
C. Holy Friday
13. Which tradition at Thanksgiving is believed to bring good luck?
A. To break the wishbone
B. To take a turkey trot
C. To eat the cranberry sauce
14. In 1926, which animal intended for a Thanksgiving dinner for U.S President Calvin Coolidge was pardoned and adopted as a pet in the White House?
15. In the 2013 animated film “Free Birds”, 2 turkeys travelled back to the past to convince the Indians and settlers to replace turkeys with which food in their Thanksgiving menu?
B. French fries
16. On the first Thanksgiving, the Pilgrims celebrated the event with which group of indigenous people?
17. What was the name of the vessel that the Pilgrims used to travel to America?
A. Santa Barbara
B. Salty Sea Mare
18. Which sauce is often served with turkey at Thanksgiving?
A. Blueberry sauce
B. Cranberry sauce
C. Strawberry sauce
19. Why are turkeys the centrepiece of the Thanksgiving meal?
A. Because turkeys were cheap in the past
B. Because the Pilgrims used to hunt wild turkeys for food
C. Because indigenous people gave turkeys to the Pilgrims at the first Thanksgiving
20. Which cereal grain did the Wampanoag tribe teach the settlers how to plant?
21. Where was the first Thanksgiving celebrated?
A. Providence, Rhode Island
B. Plymouth, Massachusetts
C. Waterbury, Connecticut
22. What is the Monday after Thanksgiving often called in the United States?
A. Virtual Monday
B. Digital Monday
C. Cyber Monday
23. How many days did the first Thanksgiving last?
A. 1 day
B. 2 days
C. 3 days
24. In 1855, which was the first southern state in the US to adopt Thanksgiving?
B. North Carolina
25. Why is Thanksgiving celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November?
A. It is the date when the settlers landed in America
B. It was set by the president
C. It was the date of the first Thanksgiving
26. What did the Wampanoag tribe bring to the first Thanksgiving for celebration with the settlers?
A. 5 deers
B. 5 wild pigs
C. 5 hares
27. Why did U.S President Thomas Jefferson refuse to declare Thanksgiving a national holiday?
A. Because he thought it was not an important occasion
B. Because he wanted a separation of state and church
C. Because the country was at war with indigenous tribes
28. In addition to the United States, Thanksgiving is also a national holiday in which country?
29. Which two teams in the National Football League often host their games during Thanksgiving?
A. Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars
B. Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals
C. Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions
30. What is a turkey trot?
A. A competition in eating turkeys
B. A long-distance race on Thanksgiving
C. A game played by families on Thanksgiving
How do you find about these Thanksgiving quiz questions and answers? We hope you have a lot of fun and learn some interesting facts about this special occasion. For more challenges, check out the following black history quiz or this trivia Viking quiz.