The summer holiday is over, student! It’s time for homework and exams again… Just kidding! Check out these 34 trivia back to school quiz questions and answers to prepare for a new academic year.
Back To School Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which term refers to the fear of going to school?
2. According to health experts, what is the maximum weight should children carry in their backpack?
A. 5 to 10 per cent of the bodyweight
B. 10 to 20 per cent of the bodyweight
C. 20 to 30 per cent of the bodyweight
3. Which chemical element in the periodic table has the symbol Fe?
4. When do children in the United Kingdom have to legally begin primary education?
A. At age 5
B. At age 6
C. At age 7
5. Which of the following is an optional subject in the UK school system?
6. Which of the following is a prime number?
7. What is actually New Mexico?
A. A country next to Mexico
B. A state in the United States
C. The capital city of Mexico
8. Who was the leader of the United Kingdom during World War II?
A. Margaret Thatcher
B. Winston Churchill
C. Neville Chamberlain
9. What is the closest planet to the sun in the solar system?
10. During the process of photosynthesis, what do trees produce?
A. Glucose and oxygen
B. Carbon dioxide and water
C. Water and oxygen
11. Which of the following is not a real branch of science?
12. The 1859 novel “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens set in which two cities?
A. Manchester and Liverpool
B. Paris and London
C. Rome and Madrid
13. Which famous scientist is credited with the theory of relativity?
A. Issac Newton
B. Charles Darwin
C. Albert Einstein
14. A haiku is a traditional form of poem in which country?
15. In geometry, which theorem states that the square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares on the legs?
A. Euler’s Theorem
B. Pythagoras Theorem
C. Butterfly Theorem
16. What is the largest organ in the human body?
17. Saxophone, oboe, and flute belong to which family of musical instruments?
A. Percussion family
B. Woodwind family
C. Brass family
18. Which of the following words does not mean a colour in Spanish?
19. Which of the following elements is the smallest?
20. If you add the chemical NaCl to a cup of water, how would it taste?
21. How many bones are there in the body of a shark?
22. What is the oldest university in the United Kingdom, which was founded in 1096?
A. University of Cambridge
B. University of Oxford
C. University of St Andrews
23. Which exam must be taken by students to complete their compulsory education in Northern Ireland, Wales, and England?
24. How many continents are there in total in the world?
25. How can we calculate the distance travelled between point A and point B using time and speed?
A. Speed times time
B. Speed divided by time
C. Time divided by speed
26. Which quantity is measured by the base unit Ampere (amp)?
A. Luminous intensity
B. Electric current
C. Amount of substance
27. Which branch of government is responsible for making laws and policies?
A. Judicial branch
B. Executive branch
C. Legislative branch
28. The Earth’s composition has three main parts: a mantle, a crust, and what else?
A. A fundamental
B. A core
C. A hub
29. Which of the following fruits contains the most vitamin C?
30. In grammar, “and”, “but”, and “or” are which kind of linking words?
31. Which message is often the first one students write when learning most programming languages?
A. Nice to learn to code!
B. I love you!
C. Hello, World!
32. How are waves in the ocean formed?
A. By the moon
B. By heavy rain in the ocean
C. By the winds blowing on the ocean’s surface
33. What was the Black Death, which occurred from 1346 to 1353?
A. A war
B. A pandemic
C. A massacre
34. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
What do you think about these back to school quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your new semester. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following general knowledge quiz.