The use of nicknames has been around a long time and may say a lot of things about a person, city, or animal, and many other items or entities. Check out the following 30 nickname quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Nickname Quiz Questions And Answers
1. The Big Apple is the nickname of which U.S. city?
A. Los Angeles
C. New York City
2. Which of the following is the nickname of the English football club Manchester United?
A. The Reds
B. The Red Devils
C. The Gunners
3. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is one of the most famous American rappers, but he is often known professionally by which nickname?
C. Snoop Dogg
4. Why did Queen Victoria receive the nickname “Grandmother of Europe”?
A. She saved Europe from the invasion of the Turks
B. Her grandchildren ruled most of Europe
C. She adopted thousands of children in Europe
5. Sea canary is the nickname of which ocean animal due to its loud calls?
C. Blue whale
6. Which of the following is the nickname for the London Underground, which refers to the system of electric trains in London?
A. The Under
B. The Tube
C. The Lightning
7. The Land of the Rising Sun is the nickname of which country?
8. Which of the following is the nickname for Margaret Thatcher, the former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom between 1979 and 1990?
A. The Iron Lady
B. The Diamond Queen
C. The Great Madame
9. The Red Planet is the nickname for which planet in the Solar System?
10. Which city is nicknamed the City of a Thousand Miranets due to its stunning Islamic architecture?
A. Cairo, Egypt
B. Istanbul, Turkey
C. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
11. Which of the following is a nickname for the English writer William Shakespeare?
A. The Son of Avon
B. The Bard of Avon
C. The Genius of Avon
12. Which city is nicknamed the city of love?
13. Which of the following is the nickname for popular cryptocurrencies, including Polkadot, Solana, and Cardano?
A. Bitcoin killers
B. Ethereum killers
C. Coinbase killers
14. What is the nickname for Warren Buffett, one of the most successful investors in the world?
A. The Priest of Omaha
B. The Knight of Omaha
C. The Oracle of Omaha
15. Which of the following is the nickname for Lord Voldemort in the series Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling?
16. The most famous nickname for Queen Elizabeth is Lilibet. Where did this nickname come from?
A. It is the name of her favourite cartoon character
B. It is how she called her own name during childhood
C. It is the name of her aunt
17. Auld Reekie is the nickname for which Scottish city?
18. What is the nickname for the Lockheed SR-71, the fastest jet aircraft in the world with a maximum speed of up to 3500 kilometres per hour?
A. The Blackbird
B. The Redbird
C. The Whitebird
19. Michael Jackson is widely nicknamed the King of Pop. Who is often nicknamed the Queen of Pop?
A. Lady Gaga
B. Mariah Carey
20. In the 1989 series “Bangkok Hilton”. What does the nickname “Bangkok Hilton” refer to?
A. A hospital
B. A prison
C. A pub
21. The Garden of England is the nickname for which county in England?
C. North Yorkshire
22. Which of the following is the nickname for American basketball player Michael Jordan?
A. Air Jordan
B. Speedy Jordan
C. Black Tiger
23. Which of the following is the most famous nickname for London?
A. The Big Smoke
B. The Grey Smoke
C. The Flowing Smoke
24. Which of the following is the nickname for the British passenger liner RMS Titanic?
A. The Majesty of the Seas
B. The Ocean Monster
C. The Unsinkable Ship
25. The Apollo of Dogs is the nickname for which dog breed?
A. The Papillon
B. The Great Dane
C. The Boston Terrier
26. Why does the country of Ireland receive its nickname the “Emerald Isle”?
A. It is the biggest producer of emeralds in the world
B. It is covered by wide expanses of green grassland
C. Green is the national colour of Ireland
27. “Shell Head” is the nickname for which Marvel superhero?
A. Captain America
28. Which animal is nicknamed “Old man of the sea”?
A. Sea otters
B. Sea lions
C. Sea dogs
29. The English city Brighton is nicknamed “London by the …”
30. What is the most common nickname for the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France?
A. The Iron Man
B. The Iron Girl
C. The Iron Lady
What do you think about these nickname quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following alter ego quiz.