Whether you are a person who loves reading books, watching documentaries, travelling, or learning and experiencing new things, this list of general knowledge quiz questions and answers is a perfect choice you. It covers a wealth of topics, ranging from trivia about the British history and science to music and geography. Take a look and see how much you know about the world.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
1. The moons Titania and Oberon belong to which planet in the solar system?
2. In which country did the Christmas tree tradition originate from?
3. Easter takes place on which day of the week?
4. The first official motor race in the world was held in which year?
5. Which of the followings is not a stroke in swimming?
6. Which force pulls an object toward the Earth when we drop it from a height?
7. How many sonnets did Williams Shakespeare write during his life?
8. What is the process in which solids turn into liquids?
9. What is the smallest country in the world?
A. San Marino
10. The Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean on the first voyage from Southampton. In which year did this event take place?
11. What is the best selling single of all time?
A. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
B. “Candle in the Wind” by Elton John
C. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
12. Which city in the United States of America is regarded as the capital of country music?
B. New Orleans
13. Which of the following words indicates a material that does not allow electricity and heat to pass through easily?
14. Which football players currently has the most followers on Instagram?
A. Lionel Messi
B. Cristiano Ronaldo
C. David Beckham
15. In the famous series “Game of Thrones”, what is the capital of Westeros?
A. King’s Landing
B. King’s Heaven
C. King’s Land
16. Which of the following vitamins cannot be found in eggs?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin B
C. Vitamin C
17. What is the number of Members of Parliament in the United Kingdom?
18. The first ever nationwide referendum in Britain was held on 5 June 1975 about which matter?
A. To join the European Economic Community – EEC
B. To join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization – NATO
C. To establish the Commonwealth of Nations
19. Which type of nuts is used in a marzipan recipe?
A. Brazil nuts
20. How many rings are there in the Olympic logo?
21. Which woodwind instrument can produce the highest notes?
A. French horn
22. What is the freezing point of water on the Fahrenheit scale?
A. 0 degree
B. 25 degrees
C. 32 degrees
23. Which scientist is known for discovering that germs would cause disease?
A. Linus Pauling
B. Louis Pasteur
C. Alexander Fleming
24. Which of the followings is not a programming language?
25. What is the role of the queen in a termite colony?
A. To take care of young termites
B. To defend the colony against predators
C. To lay eggs
26. Which word is used to indicate a volcano that has not erupted in recorded history?
A. A passive volcano
B. A latent volcano
C. A dormant volcano
27. Which part of speech is “Hooray”?
28. What are the longest and shortest days of the year called?
29. Which of the following plants lose their leaves in autumn?
A. Deciduous trees
B. Palm trees
C. Conifer trees
30. In medieval times, which of the following materials was not used for making clothes?
31. What do we call a teen boy who was specially trained to become a knight?
A. A page
B. A squire
C. A constable
32. Which country won the Eurovision Song Contest 2019?
A. The Netherlands
B. The United Kingdom
33. Which explorer is known for making the first journey around the world?
A. James Cook
B. Ferdinand Magellan
C. Christopher Columbus
34. Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary became the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest in which year?
35. What is the highest number in a Sudoku puzzle?
36. The logo of which popular app features a green background with a white telephone inside a white speech bubble?
37. What is the name of the fifth book in the “Harry Potter” series?
A. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
B. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
C. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
38. The Beatles was formed in which English city in 1960?
39. Which is the only letter to have a value of 5 points in Scrabble?
40. The last one in this list of general knowledge quiz questions and answers: how many bones are there in the body of a shark?
We hope these general knowledge quiz questions and answers can give you many interesting facts and help you enjoy a great time with friends or family. In case you want more specific topics, then check out this trivia Art quiz or this fashion quiz.