Bread is the staple food in many regions and countries all over the world. Available in many varieties, it has been eaten by people of all ages, gender, and diet plans. Are you a fan of this popular food? Check out the following 30 trivia bread quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Bread Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which of the following methods is mainly used to make bread?
2. Why do we need to add yeast when making bread?
A. To reduce the baking time
B. To boost the flavour
C. To make the dough rise
3. Baguette is a thin and long type of bread that originated from which European country?
4. Which of the following countries used bread as currency in ancient times?
5. Which of the following is the main ingredient in bread?
6. According to many historical sources, the earliest bread was made around 8000 BC in which region?
A. East Asia
B. Middle East
C. South Europe
7. Why do we knead the dough before baking bread?
A. To give bread structure and strength
B. To improve the sweetness
C. To bring crust crispiness
8. In ancient times, which of the following alcoholic beverages was once called the liquid bread?
B. Red wine
9. Along with wine, bread is a significant element of the Eurachist in which religion?
10. Which of the following type of bread is believed to be the oldest?
A. Rye bread
B. Flat bread
C. Inflated bread
11. What does the word “breadwinner” mean?
A. A person who loves eating bread
B. A person who makes the most bread in a competition
C. A person who brings most of the household’s income
12. Which of the following kinds of bread does NOT exist?
A. Yeast-free bread
B. Flour-free bread
C. Gluten-free bread
13. Damper is a traditional soda bread in which of the following countries?
C. New Zealand
14. Which type of bread has a unique tangy taste mainly due to the acetic acid and lactic acid produced by the fermentation of dough using yeast and lactobacilli?
15. What is the typical shape of a crumpet, also known as a pikelet, a small griddle bread often eaten in the United Kingdom?
16. In 1943, the government in the United States temporarily banned which bread product as a wartime conservation measure?
A. White bread
B. Sliced bread
17. Matzo or matzah is an unleavened flatbread typically eaten in which culture?
A. Jewish culture
B. Arabian culture
C. Indian culture
18. What gives the pita bread its signature pocket shape?
A. There are fillings inside the bread
B. The hot steam puffs the bread
C. The bread is made with special ingredients
19. What is the typical colour of pumpernickel, a slightly sweet, heavy rye bread in Germany?
20. According to Guinness World Records, which country has the largest consumption of bread per capita in the world?
21. Which of the following types of bread is often boiled before the baking process to give rise to the distinctive texture?
22. Why does white bread have a white or light colour?
A. Because the flour is cleaned before the baking process
B. Because the germs and bran have been removed from wheat
C. Because white bread is made from a special kind of wheat
23. Tortilla is a circular, flat, and thin unleavened flatbread that originated in Mexico. Which kind of flour is often used for baking tortillas?
A. Wheat flour
B. Corn flour
C. Rye flour
24. English muffin, a small and round type of sourdough, is the main ingredient in which common breakfast?
A. Finnan Haddie
B. Ulster Fry
C. Eggs Benedict
25. What would we brush on bread dough to create a crispier crust?
26. Ciabatta is a kind of white bread commonly eaten in Italy. What does the word “ciabatta” literally mean?
27. What is the name of the elastic and sticky protein substance that gives bread its texture?
28. While most people associate croissants with France, this bread originated from which European country in the 13th century?
29. Which term refers to the pattern and size of holes in a loaf of bread?
30. What is the main role of baking powder in the baking process?
A. To make the taste better
B. To increase the volume of bread
C. To shape the bread
What do you think about these bread quiz questions and answers? We hope you have learned many interesting facts about this popular food that everyone around the world eats every day. For more challenges, check out the following biscuit quiz.