Like humans, many animals can be famous or even change the world. Throughout history, many creatures have become popular figures, whether they are puppet, animated, or real. Check out these 28 trivia famous animal quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Famous Animal Quiz Questions and Answers
1. On 3 November 1957, Laika became the first animal sent into space by the Soviet spacecraft Sputnik 2. What animal was she?
A. A cat
B. A dog
C. A rabbit
2. Which of the following facts is true about the Dolly sheep?
A. She was shot dead by a U.S President
B. She was cloned from an adult cell
C. She was the mayor of a city
3. Which species of fish is Nemo in the 2003 animation “Finding Nemo”?
B. Betta fish
4. What is the name of the Portuguese Waterdog belonging to the former U.S President Barrack Obama?
5. In 2017, approximately how many people watched a giraffe called April to give birth live on YouTube?
A. 30,000 people
B. 560,000 people
C. 1.2 million people
6. What animal is Hedwig, the pet of Harry Potter in the series with the same name?
A. An owl
B. A rat
C. A snake
7. Hello Kitty, the fictional young female cat with a red bow and no mouth, originated from which country?
C. South Korea
8. Which colour is Kermit the Frog, which is one of the most famous puppet animals in the world?
9. What is the name of the brown mouse that keeps fighting with a blue cat called Tom in a famous animated series?
10. Between 1997 and 2017, a cat named Stubbs was the honorary mayor of a small village in which U.S state?
11. A dove called Cher Ami was awarded a medal for saving a battalion of American soldiers during which war?
A. World War I
B. World War II
C. Vietnam War
12. The very first logo of Walt Disney featured which of the following fictional animal?
A. Donald Duck
B. Mickey Mouse
C. Julius the Cat
13. Which sort of animal was Chi Chi, a well-known and best-loved female creature at London Zoo?
A. Polar bear
14. In March 1966, a white and black collie dog named Pickles helped the police find which valuable item?
A. The World Cup trophy
B. The crown of Queen Elizabeth
C. The Mona Lisa painting
15. The Akita dog named Hachiko was remembered by the Japanese for his remarkable loyalty. For how many years did he continue to wait for the owner after his death?
A. 1 year
B. 4 years
C. 9 years
16. Which Roman emperor had a favourite horse called Incitatus?
17. Rocinante was the name of a famous horse in which novel?
A. The Three Musketeers – Alexandre Dumas
B. Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes
C. Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
18. In the 2007 animated movie “Ratatouille”, which kind of job does the rat Remy dream of becoming?
A. A pilot
B. A chef
C. A painter
19. Which four animals appear in the popular fairy tale the “Town Musicians of Bremen” by the Brothers Grimm?
A. A dog, a cat, a horse, and a pig
B. A goat, a pig, a sheep, and a dog
B. A donkey, a dog, a cat, and a chicken
20. What is the name of the dictator pig in the 1945 book “Animal Farm” by George Orwell?
B. Alexander the Great
21. Which breed of dog is the comic-strip character Snoopy?
B. Golden Retriever
C. German Shepherd
22. Which kind of animal is Winnie-the-Pooh, a famous fictional character created by the British author A. A Milne?
A. A rabbit
B. A bear
C. A cat
23. In the 2012 adventure movie “Life of Pi”, the main character is adrift in the ocean on a lifeboat with which animal?
A. A tiger
B. A lion
C. A panther
24. What is the name of Hiccup’s dragon in the 2010 animation “How to Train Your Dragon”?
25. What is the name of the lion with an iconic roar featured on the logo and intro video of the Hollywood film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer?
26. What was the name of the money with a white-headed capuchin sitting on the shoulder of Ross Geller in the first season of the series “Friends”?
27. What is the name of the Wire Fox Terrier dog of Tintin in the comics series “The Adventures of Tintin” by Herge?
28. Which feature is special about Marsupilami, a fictional animal species created by Andre Franquin?
A. It looks like a typical dog
B. It has a very long and strong tail
C. It is a black-spotted green creature
What do you think about these famous animal quiz questions and answers? We hope you have learned some interesting facts and enjoyed your time with family and friends. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following world wildlife quiz.