More than 70 per cent of the Earth’s surface is covered by water, the living environment of fish. That’s why the world of these animals is so huge and diverse. Check out the following 34 trivia fish quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about them.
Fish Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which collective word refers to a group of fish?
A. A collection
B. A school
C. An army
2. Which of the following animals is actually NOT a fish?
3. Fish have no lungs. Instead, they breathe and pull air through which part?
A. Dorsal fins
4. Which species of fish is Nemo in the 2003 animation “Finding Nemo”?
5. When do porcupinefish inflate the bodies into a round shape by sucking in water?
A. When they have sex
B. When they digest food
C. When they face dangers
6. Which of the following is NOT a reason why fish have colourful patterns on the skin?
A. To make them easier to catch
B. To attract mates
C. To hide them from predators
7. What is the biggest fish in the world?
A. Ocean sunfish
B. Whale shark
C. Beluga sturgeon
8. Which of the following features is NOT true about fish?
A. They have a backbone
B. They live in water
C. They are warm-blooded animals
9. The ocean sunfish is known for producing more eggs than other vertebrates. Approximately how many can they produce at a time?
10. Which kind of fish is commonly used for making fish and chips in the United Kingdom?
11. Which country is the biggest salmon producer in the world?
12. What health issue would happen when you eat puffer fish?
A. Increased blood pressure
B. Food poisoning
13. Which of the following senses do fish rely on the least?
14. According to fossil records, how long have fish been on Earth?
A. 500,000 years
B. 500 million years
C. 5 billion years
15. What is the gender of all clownfish when they are born?
16. What is the name of the branch of science devoted to studying fish
17. Most species of goldfish belong to which fish family?
A. Herring family
B. Carp family
C. Beta fish family
18. The European perch is the national fish of which country?
19. Which body part of a seahorse looks like that of a horse?
20. Which type of fish is known for their strong jaws and razor-sharp teeth?
21. Which of the following facts is true about scales in fish?
A. They do not overlap
B. The bodies of all fish are covered in scales
C. Fish scales become bigger when they age
22. Why do flying fish jump out of the water’s surface?
A. To escape predators
B. To get fresh air
C. To look for the sunlight
23. What is the fastest fish in the world, which can swim at speeds of up to 110 km/h?
C. Mako shark
24. Which of the following is a species of freshwater fish?
C. Flame Angelfish
25. Eating some types of fish can be toxic due to high levels of which chemical element?
26. What is the most common colour of goldfish?
27. All of the following species are fish, except which one?
28. Clownfish, parrotfish, and yellow tangs are all commonly found in which area in the ocean?
A. Ocean currents
B. Coral reefs
C. Sea beds
29. Which factor may determine the body temperature of fish?
A. Water temperature
B. The food they eat
C. Their body temperature is always constant
30. How can many fish generate light for escaping predators and hunting?
A. Static electricity
B. Therma radiation
C. Chemical reaction
31. An electric eel can generate a current of up to how much power?
A. 5 Watts
B. 50 Watts
C. 500 Watts
32. Which type of fish does Santiago first catch in the short novel “The Old Man and the Sea” by Ernest Hemingway?
A. A marlin
B. A shark
C. A tuna
33. What is a cleaner fish?
A. A fish that clean the sea
B. A fish that remove dead skin of other fish
C. A fish that eat wastes from other fish
34. In many Southeast Asian countries, anchovies are used for making which product?
A. Fish wine
B. Fish sauce
C. Fish bread
What do you think about these fish quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time with friends and family. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following bird quiz.