The LGBT community has come a long way to gain widespread recognition all over the world. Though many things are still needed to be done, more and more people are aware of a better world where people can live without gender discrimination. Check out these 30 trivia fun LGBT quiz questions and answers to learn more interesting facts.
Fun LGBT Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Start with a very simple question: What is the symbol of the LGBT community?
A. A 6-pointed star
B. A rainbow flag
C. A colourful rose
2. In 1978, the rainbow flag was first displayed at the Gay Freedom Day Parade in which U.S. City?
A. New York City
B. San Francisco
C. Los Angeles
3. According to the Guinness World Records, which country holds the world record for having the largest Pride parade in the world?
B. The United States
4. What does the letter T in LGBT stands for?
5. Which of the following famous CEOs publicly came out as gay?
A. Jeff Bezos
B. Tim Cook
C. Richard Branson
6. Which is the first country to legalise same-sex marriage in 2001?
C. The Netherlands
7. Which Oscar-winning movie depicts the sexual and emotional relationship between two gay cowboys named Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar?
A. Brokeback Mountain
B. Call Me by Your Name
C. Blue is the Warmest Colour
8. Which historical event is often considered to be the beginning of the Gay Rights movement in modern times?
A. The publication of the Los Angeles Advocate in 1967
B. The Stonewall Riots in 1969
C. The Parents and Friends of Gays meeting in 1973
9. Since when have people from the LGBT community been allowed to serve openly in the British Armed Forces?
10. For most of the 20th century, many researchers often associated homosexuality with what?
11. Which of the following words does not refer to the LGBT community?
12. Maureen Colquhoun became the first openly gay member of the parliament of the United Kingdom in 1974 when she came out as …
A. A transgender
B. A bisexual
C. A lesbian
13. We all know that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. So which planet is a symbol often used by the transgendered community?
14. Which symbol was adopted by the lesbian community in the 1970s to represent self-sufficiency and strength?
A. A double-edged axe
B. Two crossed swords
C. A trident
15. When did the UK government officially decriminalise homosexuality?
A. In the 1940s
B. In the 1960s
C. In the 1980s
16. Also called the Heterosexual-Homosexual Rating Scale, which 1-to-6 scale is used by researchers to describe an individual’s sexual orientation?
A. Likert Scale
B. Thurstone Scale
C. Kinsey Scale
17. In some Indigenous North American cultures, which word is used to call people with a same-sex attraction, who are considered to have special gifts and are particularly blessed by the tribes?
A. Two soul
B. Two spirit
C. Two mind
18. In ancient China, homosexuality was often referred to as the bitten …
19. The word lesbian derives its meaning from the name Lesbos, an island located in which country?
20. When was the first official Gay Pride Rally held in London, the United Kingdom?
21. Which pedestrianised street is located at the centre of the gay village in Manchester?
A. Princess Street
B. Rochdale Street
C. Canal Street
22. Which was the first Asian country to legalised same-sex marriage in 2019?
C. South Korea
23. Which was the first city in England to set up rainbow street signs to identify the Gay Quarter in 2011?
24. Which popular US sitcom was the first one to portray same-sex marriage on TV, which later attracted mild censorship and controversy?
B. How I Met Your Mother
C. The Big Bang Theory
25. Same-sex intercourse is typically considered to be against the law of which religion?
26. When did the first same-sex marriage take place in the United Kingdom?
27. The first gay bookstore in the world was opened in New York City in 1967 and named after which famous writer?
A. Oscar Wilde
B. Mark Twain
C. Charles Dickens
28. In 2019, the American singer and actor became the first gay black man to win which major award?
29. During WWI, gay people were required to put on which symbol in Nazi concentration camps?
A. Black circle
B. Pink triangle
C. Purple rectangular
30. Which country became the first one in the world to elect an openly gay politician as head of government?
B. The Netherlands
What do you think about these fun LGBT quiz questions and answers? We hope you have learned many interesting facts and increased your awareness of this community. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following wedding-themed quiz.