Wedding is a major milestone in our life. It marks a new chapter in which we start a new family and live happily with the one we love. To celebrate your big day, we have listed some trivia wedding-themed quiz questions and answers. Let’s check them out.
Wedding-Themed Quiz Questions And Answers
1. White wedding dresses were popularised by which British queen?
C. Elizabeth II
2. What is the traditional colour that brides often wear in China?
3. Which of the following phrases means “getting married”?
A. Wear the ring
B. Tie the knot
C. Walk down the road
4. How many times was Michael Jackson married?
5. According to an old tradition, what should a Scottish bride do on the day before the wedding?
A. To eat a chicken
B. To wash the feet
C. To hug her parents
6. When did the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton take place?
7. What is the name of the “vein of love”, which runs directly from the fourth finger of the left hand to the heart?
A. Vena bindus
B. Vena lovus
C. Vena amoris
8. The wedding ring is worn on which hand?
9. According to an Old English rhyme, a bride should wear “something old, something new, something borrowed, something …” to bring good luck on the wedding day.
10. People often throw what at married couples in Northern Africa to wish for fertility?
11. At her wedding, Melania Trump wore a $100,000 gown designed by who?
A. Coco Chanel
B. Christian Dior
C. Karl Lagerfeld
12. In old English, what does “bride” mean?
13. What happens in the “Red Wedding” in the series “Game of Thrones”?
A. A massacre
B. A battle
C. A war declaration
14. In the Disney film Frozen, who does princess Anna accept a proposal in spite of having just met them?
A. Prince Hans
B. King Richard
C. Lord Baron
15. By tradition, why does the groom stand to the right of the bride?
A. To signify a superior position
B. To free the right hand so that he can protect the bride
C. To indicate the groom’s ties to his past
16. Which of the following is often considered bad luck to do for a couple before the wedding?
A. To lose the rings
B. To memorise the vows
C. To see each other
17. According to Jewish tradition, what does a married couple break at their wedding?
A. A plate
C. A vase
18. What do we call the anniversary to celebrate 50 years of marriage?
A. A golden wedding
B. A sapphire wedding
C. A diamond wedding
19. Who was the best man at the wedding of David and Victoria Beckham?
A. Cristiano Ronaldo
B. Ryan Giggs
C. Gary Neville
20. Who is the goddess of marriage in Greek mythology?
21. The custom of the bridal shower began when which member of the bridal party did not approve of the wedding?
A. Father of the bride
B. Mother of the bride
C. Grandparents of the bride
22. Which month is often considered bad luck to hold a wedding as an old superstition: “Marry in May, rue the day”?
23. According to a tradition originated in West Africa, which household object can a married couple jump over at their wedding?
A. A bed
B. A broom
C. A carpet
24. Many married couples often freeze which part of the wedding cake for the first anniversary?
A. First slice
B. Last slice
C. Top tier
25. During the Revolutionary War in the 18th century, some brides wore which colour in the United States to symbolise independence?
26. What is the responsibility of the best man at a Greek wedding?
A. To pay for the marriage license
B. To pay for the groomsmen’s tuxedos
C. To pay for the liquor at the party
27. Who should get the first toast at a wedding?
A. The parents
B. The groom
C. The bride
28. RSVP stands for Répondez s’il vous plaît. It can be seen on many wedding invitations. What does it mean?
A. Good news
B. Please respond
C. We are getting married
29. After a wedding, why do people toss confetti?
A. To bring good luck
B. To represent fertility
C. To prevent evil spirits
30. King Henry VII of England changed the law that made it legal for … to get married.
C. Nieces and uncles
31. Which of the following documents can be changed to the married name even before the wedding?
B. Driver’s license
32. Which composer wrote the opera “The Marriage of Figaro”?
A. Wolfgang Mozart
B. Giuseppe Verdi
C. Richard Wagner
33. What is the difference between the Matron of Honour and the Maid of Honour?
A. The Maid of Honour is not married
B. The Maid of Honour is younger than the bridge
C. The Patron of Honour is a close friend
34. Which of the following US presidents got married in the White House?
A. John F. Kennedy
B. Richard Nixon
C. Grover Cleveland
35. The last one on this list of wedding-themed quiz questions and answers: During the 19th century, what did the couple in Russia exchange before the wedding?
Congratulate on your big day. We hope you have a lot of fun with these wedding-themed quiz questions and answers. Check out the following family quiz to learn more interesting facts and challenge yourself.