A healthy diet is important to ensure the body gets sufficient nutrients to function properly. It also helps improve overall health and protect us against many diseases. Check out these 29 trivia healthy food quiz questions and answers to know what you should add to your daily meal.
Healthy Food Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which of the following foods is NOT a good source of protein?
C. Dairy products
2. Why should you eat a diversity of colourful foods in the diet?
A. Colourful foods taste better
B. Each colour provides different health benefits
C. Colourful foods can last longer
3. Oranges are a good source of which vitamin?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin C
C. Vitamin E
4. Consuming too much meat may increase the risk of which diseases?
B. Alzheimer’s disease
5. Which of the following foods is good for vision and eye health?
6. Calcium plays a key role in teeth and bone health. Which of the following foods is a great source of this mineral?
C. Olive oil
7. Vegetables are great sources of which types of carbohydrates?
8. Grains like wheat, barley, rice, or oats are staple foods in many parts of the world. In general, which one is better for your health: refined grains or whole grains?
A. Whole grains
B. Refined grains
C. They are the same
9. Which of the following foods is least likely to result in food poisoning?
10. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the Mediterranean diet?
A. High intake of olive oil
B. High intake of veggies and fruits
C. High intake of dairy products
11. Which part of an egg is richer in protein and contains very few calories?
A. Egg yolk
B. Egg white
C. Egg shell
12. Which fruit is in the common proverb: “… a day keeps the doctor away”?
A. An apple
B. A banana
C. A grape
13. Vitamin A is largely available in natural food sources with which colour?
B. Bright red
14. Which vegetable is the favourite food of the fictional character Popeye the Sailor Man?
15. Which kind of food contains a lot of probiotics, which are friendly bacteria that can help with digestion and the immune system?
A. Fermented foods
B. Baked goods
C. Dairy products
16. Which of the following facts is true about honey?
A. It never spoils
B. It has the same nutritional profiles as sugar
C. It is especially good for children under 1 year old
17. Rice, spaghetti, and bread are good sources of which macronutrients?
18. What is the best cooking method for broccoli to protect its nutrients?
19. Compared to regular yoghurt, strained Greek yoghurt is lower in which component?
20. Which beverage should you drink to replenish the body after a workout?
B. Coconut water
21. Which of the following foods is free of gluten, a type of protein that may cause allergic reactions in some individuals?
22. If you are a vegan or vegetarian, which plant-based food can be an alternative source of protein?
23. Which type of milk contains the most protein per glass?
A. Soy milk
B. Trim milk
C. Almond milk
24. If you are constipated, which of the following foods can help ease the symptoms?
25. Which of the following is an advantage of eating white meat, such as chicken or duck, compared to red meat like beef or pork?
A. White meat is rich in protein
B. White meat is low in fat
C. White meat is easy to prepare and cook
26. In addition to sunlight, which food is a good source of vitamin D, an important nutrient for teeth and bone health?
C. Red meat
27. Which mineral is often added to salt and can be found in most shellfish or sea fish?
28. Which spice is the main ingredient of Golden milk, an increasingly popular drink to prevent illness and boost immunity?
29. Which is the healthiest type of olive oil thanks to the use of natural methods to extract and standardise the oil for purity?
A. Extra-virgin olive oil
B. Pure olive oil
C. Refined olive oil
What do you think about these healthy food quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn a lot of useful knowledge to choose the best food and drinks for your diet. For more challenges on this topic, check out the following trivia fruit and veg quiz, or this quiz about pizza.