People all over the world love pizza. With an almost countless number of toppings and recipes available, this Italian dish seems to please eaters from different cultures and with different tastes. Let’s check out the following 33 trivia pizza quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Pizza Quiz Questions And Answers
1. From which Italian city did pizza originate?
2. Which word refers to a small pizza, which may range in size from a finger food to a small personal-sized pizza?
3. Which of the following herbs is used for making Margherita pizza?
4. Which variety of pizza is characterised by thinly-sliced, cured sausage dots on a cheesy surface?
A. Hawaiian pizza
B. Pugliese pizza
C. Pepperoni pizza
5. Originating in Italy, white pizza is a variety that is frequently made with ricotta and a béchamel sauce. Where does it get the name from?
A. It has a white layer of fine sugar
B. It does not use a traditional base of red tomato sauce
C. It was invented by a person called Adam White
6. What is currently the largest pizza chain in the world by gross sales?
A. Domino’s Pizza
B. Pizza Hut
C. Little Caesars Pizza
7. Which of the following is NOT a type of pizza base?
C. Sicilian style
8. The pizza quattro stagioni is a popular variety in Italian cuisine. What does the name mean in Italian?
A. Four dishes
B. Four seasons
C. Four people
9. Which tropical fruit is used to top a Hawaiian pizza?
10. Despite its name, where was the Hawaiian pizza invented?
11. Which of the following superheroes has a crazy obsession for pizza?
A. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
12. Which of the following ingredient is not added to pizza Bianca?
B. Tomato sauce
13. Which country consumes the most pizza per capita in the world?
14. In which decade does frozen pizza first appear in grocery stores?
15. What is the main difference between the New York style and Chicago style pizza?
A. Chicago style pizza is vegan
B. New York style pizza has no crust
C. Chicago style pizza is thicker
16. Which part of a pizza is technically referred to as cornicione?
17. What is the most popular topping option for pizza in the United Kingdom?
18. The most expensive pizza in the world was created in Salerno, Italy, for a select crowd. How much did it cost?
19. Which word is used to call a person who makes pizza?
A. A pizzanist
B. A pizzaiolo
C. A pizzaian
20. Which pizza style was included on UNESCO’s list of intangible cultural heritage?
A. Neapolitan pizza
B. Sicillian pizza
C. Greek pizza
21. What is the traditional method to bake Greek pizza, Sicilian style pizza, or Chicago style pizza?
A. In a pan
B. In a coal-fired brick oven
C. An electric deck oven
22. Which type of cheese is often used for making pizza?
A. Cheddar cheese
B. Emmental cheese
C. Mozzarella cheese
23. When making pizza, you need to proof the dough after mixing it. What does it mean?
A. Adjust the edge of crust to make it crisp properly
B. Allow the dough to rise
C. Season with salt and herbs
24. Which of the following fish is used as a pizza topping in Japan?
25. “Happy” pizza is a popular dish in Cambodia. It is simply pizza cooked with which special ingredient?
26. Which ingredient is typically added as a topping in Aussie pizza?
27. What was the original shape of pizza in Italy?
28. Which kind of device was used by NASA scientists in 2017 to make pizza in space?
A. A supercomputer
B. A 3D printer
C. A toaster
29. In 2003, a marketing campaign by Domino’s Pizza in Brazil made which product smell like pizza?
30. Instead of baking, which cooking technique for pizza is a popular option in Scotland?
A. Deep-fried pizza
B. Steamed pizza
C. Boiled pizza
31. Which of the following dishes is also in the flatbread family along with pizza?
32. According to the Guinness World Records, what is the size of the largest pizza in the world baked in South Africa in 1990?
A. 7 metres
B. 37 metres
C. 127 metres
33. Who first introduced pizza to the United States?
A. American soldiers
B. British traders
C. Italian immigrants
What do you think about these pizza quiz questions and answers? Next time when you eat a piece of pizza, we hope you may remember these interesting facts and show off with your friends. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following bread quiz, or this quiz about national dishes.