It is important to have a balanced diet that can provide sufficient nutrients and minerals. Interestingly, we can find most of these key elements in a variety of fruits and vegetables. Not only delicious and tasty, but these green foods are also packed with shockingly high levels of fibre, vitamins, good fats, antioxidants, and many other factors needed for basic functions. Check out the following 45 trivia fruit and veg quiz questions and answers to test your knowledge.
Fruit And Veg Quiz Questions And Answers
1. From which part of a plant does a fruit typically develop?
2. Which part of celery do we often eat?
3. “Williams” and “Conference” are kinds of which type of fruit?
4. This fruit is often grown in many Asian countries and is considered one of the stinkiest fruits in the world. What is it?
5. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage belong to which type of vegetables?
A. Root vegetables
B. Cruciferous vegetables
C. Leafy green vegetables
6. Which vegetable became the first one to be grown in space in 1995 by NASA?
7. Which of the following fruits is not a part of the rose family?
8. Carrots are particularly high in which important vitamin?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin C
C. Vitamin E
9. Where do pineapples originally come from?
A. South Asia
C. South America
10. What are raisins?
A. Dried grapes
B. Dried blueberries
C. Dried plums
11. Which of the following vegetables is mostly sold before 30th October?
A. Butternut Squash
12. Which fruit is produced by Arthur Turner plants?
13. Bubble and squeak, a traditional British breakfast dish, is made from which two vegetables?
A. Cabbages and potatoes
B. Carrots and peas
C. Tomatoes and Brussel Sprouts
14. Approximately how much of a cucumber is water?
A. 30 per cent
B. 70 per cent
C. 90 per cent
15. Which of the following fruits typically grows in bunches, which are also known as hands?
16. Which kind of orange is also the name of a city in Spain?
17. This fruit is also known as “Indian apples” and was imported by warriors of Alexander the Great into Europe. What is it?
18. Which fruit ins also known as maracuya?
C. Passion fruits
19. Which of the following fruits grow on a tree?
B. Passion fruits
20. Due to its shiny and bright appearance, this type of vegetable was considered to be poisonous by Europeans for almost 200 years. What is it?
21. Which of the following veggies has toxic leaves but an edible stalk?
B. Swiss chard
22. What is the main colour of most Brussels sprouts?
23. Grapes typically grow on which kind of plant?
24. Which of the following leafy veggies often has leaves with the darkest green?
25. Popeye the Sailor eats which veggie to make his muscles grow bigger?
26. Complete the following proverb: An … a day keeps the doctor away.
27. Which fruit juice would increase certain medications’ potency or even lead to an overdose?
A. Passion fruit
28. Which of the following statements is true about nectarines?
A. They are a kind of peach
B. They are a cross between peaches and apples
C. They are a cross between plums and peaches
29. Which feature suggests that veggies and fruits are rich in various nutrients and vitamins?
A. Crispy texture
B. Soggy outside
C. Vibrant colour
30. Which of the following cooking methods can retain most of the nutritional content in fruits or veggies?
31. What does it mean when you dice vegetables?
A. Cut into thin strips
B. Cut into as small pieces as possible
C. Cut into small cubes
32. Bananas are a good source of which mineral?
33. Which gas is produced by most fruits when they start to ripe?
34. The name of which veggie means “milk” in old Latin?
35. Which vegetable has many varieties like graffiti, skywalker, and cheddar?
36. What was the first vegetable to be canned in the world?
37. Complete the following quote by Mark Twain: “… is nothing by cabbage with a college education.”
38. What is considered to be the national veggie of Wales?
39. Which of the following vegetables contain the most vitamin K?
40. Kohlrabi, savoy, bok choy, and cannonball are all kinds of which vegetable?
41. Which substance makes veggies and fruits green?
42. Is a mushroom a veggie or a fruit?
A. A fruit
B. A veggie
C. Neither a veggie nor a fruit
43. Which of the following fruits is native to Britain?
44. Which of the following veggies or fruits can be found in different colours, such as green, red, yellow, and green?
A. Bell peppers
45. What is the best cooking method to preserve nutrients in broccoli?
We hope these fruit and veg quiz questions and answers can give you many interesting and helpful facts to make proper adjustments on your diet. If you want more easy and difficult challenges on the same topic, then check out this trivia coffee quiz.