Family time in front of the TV can be fun and entertaining for parents and children alike. While there are many options available, soap series are definitely one of the best things that everyone can enjoy. Have a try at these trivia soap quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about the most favourite shows in the UK.
Soap Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Where did the term “soap opera” operate from?
A. The first show was about a soap seller
B. Soap manufacturers originally sponsored these shows
C. Soaps were originally used in film production
2. First broadcast in 1950, which is the longest-running radio soap opera in the world?
A. Waggoners Walk
B. Front Line Family
C. The Archers
3. Many scholars consider “Painted Dreams” to be the first soap opera in the world. When was this program premiered?
4. In which English city does the soap opera “Brookside” set in?
5. Which of the following TV soaps stars Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue?
B. Family Affairs
6. “Front Line Family” was the first soap ever produced by BBC. However, why was it not initially aired in Britain, but in the United States?
A. The soap was sponsored by a US company
B. The soap is about the middle class in the US
C. The main purpose of the film is to encourage the US to participate in World War 2
7. Which accident happened in 1993 that killed off 4 characters in the soap Emmerdale?
A. A plane crash
B. A car crash
C. A train accident
8. In the soap Coronation Street, how many kids does Steve Mc Donald have?
9. In the soap EastEnders, Sonia Fowler is able to play which musical instrument the best?
10. What did Nick do for a living in the soap “Heartbeat”?
B. Police officer
11. In the soap Hollyoaks, the pub is called “… in the Pond”
A. The Dog
B. The Fish
C. The Cat
12. Who is the mother of the twins Chatham and Riley in the soap EastEnders?
A. Sandra Carter
B. Mia Hutchinson
C. Karen Taylor
13. Which of the following TV soaps was first premiered on 9th December 1960?
A. Emmerdale Farm
C. Coronation Street
14. Leslie Grantham played which TV soap character until 2005?
A. Den Watts
B. Len Fairclough
C. Jim Robinson
15. Martine McCutcheon, the former actress in the soap EastEnders, also appeared in which famous film?
A. About Time
B. Love Actually
C. Definitely, Maybe
16. In the TV soap Emmerdale, what is The Woolpack?
A. A pub
B. A restaurant
C. A park
17. Neighbours is a TV soap opera produced in which country?
A. New Zealand
18. Which secret does Sally tell her husband on Christmas on the soap Coronation Street?
A. She had cancer
B. She was pregnant
C. She was having an affair
19. In the popular soap EastEnders, which pub is located in Albert Square?
A. King Henry
B. Queen Victoria
C. Queen Elizabeth
20. The soap “Neighbours” is set in which street?
A. Downing Street
B. Ramsay Street
C. Broadway Street
21. In the soap “Home and Away”, which star of the Avengers series played Kim Hyde?
A. Jeremy Renner
B. Robert Downey, Jr.
C. Chris Hemsworth
22. Which of the following soap characters has been married more than others?
A. Paul Robinson in Neighbours
B. Ian Beale in EastEnders
C. Ken Barlow in Coronation Street
23. Mandip Gill played Phoebe McQueen in which soap between 2012 and 2015?
C. Coronation Street
24. Which of the following social topics was featured in the soap “Waggoners Walk” by BBC?
25. Broadcast between 1979 and 1986, how many episodes were there in the Australian soap “Prisoner: Cell Block H”?
26. In the soap Brookside, where did Beth Jordache bury her father after murdering him?
A. Under the patio
B. Under the tree
C. Under the garage
27. What is the name of the fictional town in the soap Coronation Street?
28. In the soap EastEnders, in which European country did Chrissie and Den Watts meet for the first time?
29. In the BBC soap “Doctors, which character did Ben Jones play?
A. Greg Robinson
B. Mac McGuire
C. Steve Rawlings
30. The Dixons, the Grants, and the Corkhills were featured in which soap?
C. Home and away
We hope you have a lot of fun with these soap quiz questions and answers. For more interesting facts or challenges, make sure to check out the following movie quiz.