Tesla is definitely one of the most innovative companies in the world over the past decade. It revolutionises the automotive industry with energy-efficient electric cars that can save our planet from global warming. Check out the following 39 trivia Tesla quiz questions and answers to check your knowledge about it.
Tesla Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Who is the founder and the current Chief Executive Officer of Tesla Motors?
A. Jeff Bezos
B. Elon Musk
C. Mark Zuckerburg
2. What was the first electric car model manufactured by Tesla Motors?
A. Tesla Roadster
B. Tesla Model S
C. Tesla Falcon
3. Tesla Motors is named after which renowned inventor?
A. Thomas Tesla
B. Nikola Tesla
C. Robert Tesla
4. Who is the co-founder of Tesla Motors with Elon Musk?
A. Jack Dorsey
B. Peter Thiel
C. Martin Eberhard
5. What is the maximum number of passengers that the Tesla Model S can accommodate?
6. In 2010, which German automotive company purchased a 10 per cent stake in Tesla Motors?
7. In which year was Tesla Motors founded?
8. The headquarters of Tesla Motors is located in which city in the United States?
A. New York
C. Palo Alto
9. What is basically a Supercharger Network created by Tesla Motors?
A. A TV channel owned by Tesla Motors
B. A system of ways to refuel electric cars’ batteries
C. An international car race organised by Tesla Motors
10. How much time does it take for the Tesla Model S to go from 0 mph to 60 mph?
A. 4.2 seconds
B. 6.7 seconds
C. 8.5 seconds
11. What was the opening share price of Tesla Motors in its initial public offering in 2010?
12. Which Tesla model is based on the SUV crossover cars?
A. Tesla Model S
B. Tesla Model X
C. Tesla Tes-UV
13. At the end of 2017, how many employees work full-time for Tesla Motors?
A. Around 25,000 people
B. Around 38,000 people
C. Around 50,000 people
14. What is the engine capacity of the Tesla Model S?
A. 316 HP
B. 416 HP
C. 516 HP
15. Gigafactory 1, the first Tesla Motors’ plant for manufacturing batteries, is located in which city?
A. Palo Alto, California
B. Reno, Nevada
C. Buffalo, New York
16. Which of the following Wall Street banks owns the largest number of Tesla Motors stock?
A. Morgan Stanley
B. Bank of America
C. Goldman Sachs
17. Who is the second-largest shareholder of Tesla Motors, after Elon Musk?
A. Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia
B. T Rowe Price
18. Which of the following transmissions can be found in the 2012 Model S?
A. Continuous Variable Transmission
B. 1-Speed Direct Drive
Answer: B. 1-Speed Direct Drive
19. Which of the following firms was the first acquisition done by Tesla Motors?
B. Riviera Tool
20. Which of the following companies is the partner of Tesla Motors in the Gigafactory 1 in Reno, Nevada?
21. What is the size of the touch screen located on the centre console of the Tesla Model S?
A. 7 inches
B. 17 inches
C. 23 inches
22. What is the only way to purchase a vehicle from Tesla Motors?
A. Order online
B. Visit a dealership
C. Contact a broker
23. Which of the following Tesla models is basically a small SUV or crossover?
A. Tesla Model C
B. Tesla Model Y
C. Tesla Model A
24. How much money did the Department of Energy lend Tesla Motors?
A. 465 million dollars
B. 1.1 billion dollars
C. 2.5 billion dollars
25. Which company is both the investor and the provider of battery cells used in manufacturing Tesla Motors’ cars?
26. Which feature in Tesla cars enables drivers to use their smartphone to request the vehicle to greet them at the front door?
C. Come Hither
27. Which of the following features is not in the Tesla Model S?
A. Retractable door handles
B. All-glass panoramic roof
C. Hovercraft mode
28. During the preliminary development and research stages, which codename is used for the Tesla Model S?
B. Iron Man
29. Tesla Roadster, the first generation by Tesla Motors, was designed based on which model?
A. Lotus Elise
B. Porsche 911
C. Toyota Camry
30. What is the stated mission of Tesla?
A. To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
B. To make the world less dependent on fossil fuels
C. To provide eco-friendly and energy-efficient solutions
31. What is the symbol of Tesla Motors on the stock market?
32. Which Tesla SUV was introduced in 2015?
A. Tesla Model X
B. Tesla Model Y
C. Tesla Model Z
33. How much money do Tesla Model S drivers have to pay for recharging their cars at the Supercharger stations of Tesla Motors?
A. $2 for every 50 kW
B. $20 for every 50 kW
34. Where is the Tesla Motors’ Gigafactory 2?
A. Buffalo, New York
B. Detroit, Colorado
C. Phoenix, Arizona
35. Which of the following Tesla models is the most affordable?
A. Tesla Model S
B. Tesla Model 3
C. Tesla Model X
36. How much money did Elon Musk invest in Tesla to become the largest shareholder in 2004?
A. $6.5 million
B. $105 million
C. $543 million
37. Which technology company was purchased by Tesla on 1 October 2019?
B. The Boring Company
38. The first European Gigafactory of Tesla was opened in which city in 2022?
39. Which electric truck was introduced by Tesla in 2019?
A. Tesla Cybertruck
B. Tesla Virtualtruck
C. Tesla Etruck
How do you think about these Tesla quiz questions and answers? We hope you can learn more about electric vehicles and raise your awareness of environmental issues. Check out the following Mercedes quiz or this volcano quiz for more interesting information.