Whether from folklore or popular culture, vampires bring fear and terror to our minds. Are they all soulless? Do these creatures really crave blood? Check out the following 28 vampire quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Vampire Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What do vampires feed on to survive?
C. Human flesh
2. Which of the following is a typical feature of vampires in popular culture?
A. A very long tail
B. Big eyes and ears
C. Long, sharp fangs
3. Vampire bats, which feed on other mammals’ blood, are native to which continent?
A. South America
4. Who is widely known as the most famous vampire of all time?
B. The Count
5. According to traditional belief, the odor of which vegetable can help deter vampires?
6. What happens when vampires stand in front of a mirror?
A. There will be no refection
B. They turn into normal people
C. They can see the future
7. Transylvania is mostly associated with myths about Dracula and vampires. In which country is this region located?
8. In Balkans folklore, what kind of creature is a dhampir?
A. A union between a female mortal human and a male vampire
B. A union between a male mortal human and a female vampire
C. A union between a female mortal human and a female vampire
9. In the series Twilight, which actress played the role of Bella Swan, a human teenager who becomes a vampire after marrying a vampire?
A. Emma Watson
B. Kristen Stewart
C. Jennifer Aniston
10. Which of the following features do vampiric animals, such as mosquitoes, leeches, or ticks, share in common?
A. Only come out at night
B. Hate garlic
C. Feed on other animals’ blood
11. Which of the following religious items can help you protect against vampires?
A. A bible
B. A cross
C. A wealth
12. Jiangshi, which literally means “stiff corpse”, is a type of hopping vampire in the folklores of which Asian country?
13. What is the most common way to turn a person into a vampire?
A. To cast an evil spell
B. To bite on his or her neck
C. To drink vampire’s blood
14. When was the term “vampire” first added to the Oxford Dictionary?
15. What is the name of the 2012 animated movie that tells the story of a vampire called Count Dracula?
A. Restaurant Transylvania
B. Hotel Transylvania
C. Theatre Transylvania
16. Which collective noun is used to refer to a group of vampires?
A. A flock
B. A coven
C. A kennel
17. Which of the following words refers to the fear of vampires?
18. What is known as the best way to kill a vampire?
A. To put a stake through the heart
B. To spray holy water over a vampire
C. To burn the entire vampire’s body
19. In which of the following novels by Stephen Kin do vampires appear?
A. The Shining
B. The Green Mile
C. Wolves of the Calla
20. Who is the author of the horror novel “Dracula”, one of the most famous works about vampires?
A. Anne Rice
B. Sheridan Le Fanu
C. Bram Stoker
21. Which seaside town located in North Yorkshire, England, is mostly associated with the novel “Dracula” by Bram Stoker?
22. For hundreds of years, the myths of vampires have been mainly featured in fiction and folklore of various cultures in which region?
A. Eastern Europe
B. Northern Africa
C. Southern Asia
23. Studies have shown that many characteristics linked to vampires may originate from what?
A. Monsters in folk religions
B. Certain diseases
C. Ancient literature
24. Where does Dracula live?
A. In a castle
B. In a cave
C. In a prison
25. Which cemetery in London was believed to be haunted by a vampire during the 60s and 70s?
A. Brompton Cemetery
B. Hyde Park Cemetery
C. Highgate Cemetery
26. The character Dracula is based on which ruler?
A. Vlad the Impaler
B. Peter the Great
C. Casimir III the Great
27. According to a folk legend from the Balkans, which fruit may turn into a vampire if you leave it out too long?
A. A banana
B. A watermelon
C. An apple
28. Which type of wood was commonly used for vampire stakes in Russia?
What do you think about these vampire quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following ghost quiz.