Acronyms are names or words form from the initial components of longer phrases or names. We see them all the time, but not everyone knows what they actually stand for. Take a look at the following trivia acronym quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
Acronym Quiz Questions And Answers
1. BMW stands for “… Motor Works”. In the blank is which German state?
2. Which of the following acronyms is not associated with wars?
3. In which of the following situations may we use the term FOMO, which stands for “Fear of missing out”?
A. To have a job interview
B. To participate in a party
C. To trade stocks
4. FIFA is the acronym for the international governing body of which sport?
C. Figure skating
5. When a friend asks you: “What is your ETA?”, which of the following can be an answer?
A. I am 25 years old
B. I’ll come around 12
C. I only have $20
6. CFCs are nonflammable, nontoxic chemicals that are responsible for the destruction of the ozone layer. It stands for three chemical elements, including chlorine, fluorine, and …
7. What does R&D typically stand for?
A. Receiving and Departure
B. Report and Data
C. Research and Development
8. What does BBC stand for?
A. British Broadcasting Corporation
B. British Broadcasting Company
C. British Broadcasting Cooperation
9. OPEC is an international organisation of countries that export which product?
10. KFC, the American fast food restaurant chain, stands for “… Fried Chicken”.
11. What does ATM stand for?
A. Automatic Time Machine
B. Auto Tech Machine
C. Automated Teller Machine
12. What is PTSD?
A. A mental health condition
B. A chemical compound
C. An international organisation
13. Which of the following is the acronym for the specialised agency of the United Nations that deals with children?
14. Which of the following is the acronym for the space agencies of the United States?
15. What does BC in the year “100 BC” stand for?
A. Before Christianity
B. Before Christ
C. Before civilisation
16. When telling the time a.m and p.m stand for ante meridiem and post meridiem. What do these words literally mean in Latin?
A. Sunrise and sunset
B. Day and night
C. Before noon and after noon
17. Which of the following sentences uses the term ASAP properly?
A. I love her ASAP
B. I will send you the result ASAP
C. I sleep ASAP
18. Who coined the term “radar”, which stands for radio detection and ranging?
A. The U.S. Navy
19. NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance in which area?
A. North Africa
B. North Atlantic
C. North America
20. What does the letter G in 4G or 5G stand for?
21. Benelux is an acronym for an economic and political union of Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and which other country?
22. If you are looking for some information on the Internet, it is better to hit the FAQ section first. What does it stand for?
A. Frequently asked questions
B. Fast answered questions
C. Free answered questions
23. CFA, CPA, and ACCA are licenses or certificates in which field?
A. Information security
B. Automotive industry
24. IELTS and TOEFL are the international standardised tests of what?
A. English language
B. Driving skills
25. We all know about IQ, which stands for Intelligence Quotient. Another important measurement is EQ. What does it mean?
A. Education Quotient
B. Emotional Quotient
C. Empathy Quotient
26. HSBC is the largest bank in Europe with its headquarter in London. What do the letters H and S stand for?
A. Helsinki and Stockholm
B. Houston and Swansea
C. Hongkong and Shanghai
27. NASDAQ is an acronym for the stock exchange in which country?
A. The United Kingdom
B. The United States
28. Which of the following acronyms is the file format for videos?
29. Which of the following is not a part of a computer?
30. What does www in www.welovequizzes.com stand for?
A. World Wide Web
B. Web World Wide
C. Wide World Web
31. What does it mean when a person sends you a “lol” message?
A. He is bored
B. He is looking for help
C. He is laughing
32. SOS is a Morse code that was originally established for maritime use. What does it stand for?
A. Save our ship
B. Save our safety
C. Save our souls
33. What does UFO stand for?
A. Undetermined Flight Object
B. Unidentified Flying Object
C. Unknown Flight Objective
34. What does the letter G in GPS stand for?
35. What does VIP stand for?
A. Very Interesting Person
B. Very Important Person
C. Very Iconic Person
Do you find these acronym quiz questions and answers interesting? We hope you may learn the underlying meaning of some common words or phrases. For more challenges, check out the following A to Z quiz.