August is the best month of summer when people try to enjoy the last sunny days before autumn and winter come. Check out the following 32 august quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
August Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which couple in the British royal family got divorced on August 28, 1996, after 15 years of marriage?
A. Philip and Elizabeth II
B. Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII
C. Diana and Charles
2. How many days are there in August?
3. Which canal was opened on August 15, 1914, to connect the Pacific Ocean with the Atlantic Ocean?
A. Suez Canal
B. Panama Canal
C. Corinth Canal
4. The month of August was named after what?
A. A city
B. An emperor
C. A god
5. What was the cause of death of the American singer Elvis Presley on August 16, 1977?
A. A gun shot
B. A heart attack
C. A car accident
6. On August 9, 1945, the United States dropped a second atom bomb on which Japanese city?
7. What is the birthstone associated with the month of August?
8. What are the two zodiac signs for those people who were born in August?
A. Virgo and Leo
B. Libra and Scorpio
C. Aquarius and Capricornus
9. Which of the following is the birth flower of August?
A. Yellow chrysanthemum
10. Which of the following is an annual celebration in England?
A. Cheshire Day
B. Yorkshire Day
C. Lincolnshire Day
11. When do people around the world celebrate International Youth Day?
A. 2 August
B. 12 August
C. 22 August
12. Which singer performed the song “August” in her 8th studio album Folklore in 2020?
A. Lady Gaga
B. Taylor Swift
C. Ariana Grande
13. On August 15, 1947, the Indian Independence Bill marked the partition of India and which country?
A. Sri Lanka
14. What should you bring to a church to celebrate Lammas Day, a Christian holiday on 1 August each year?
A. A flower
B. An apple
C. A loaf of bread
15. Taking place every August, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe is the world’s largest festival in which field?
A. Arts and culture
16. Which of the following is a holiday celebrated on August 15 in some Asian countries, such as Japan and China?
A. Hungry Ghost Festival
B. Happy Ghost Festival
C. Lonely Ghost Festival
17. According to weather folklore, for every day of … in August, there will be a snowfall.
18. On August 6, 1997, which company saved Apple from bankruptcy with a $150 million investment?
19. On August 2, 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident marked the first large-scale involvement of the United States in which war?
A. Vietnam War
B. Gulf War
C. World War II
20. Which disease was spread from North America and destroyed more than 3 million plants in the United Kingdom in August 1975?
A. Dutch elm disease
B. Butternut canker
C. Chestnut blight
21. The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution was a socio-political movement starting on August 13, 1966, in which country?
22. On August 12, 1981, which company released its first personal computer?
23. On August 9, 1898, who was granted a patent for the internal combustion engine?
A. Nicolaus Otto
B. Wilhelm Maybach
C. Rudolf Diesel
24. Which political scandal led to the resignation of the U.S. President Richard Nixon on August 9, 1974?
A. Watergate scandal
B. Teapot Dome scandal
C. Whiskey Ring scandal
25. Which cluster of stars can be longest observable in the first half of August?
A. Djorgovski 1
B. Messier 30
C. 47 Tucanae
26. Which Grand Slam tournament in tennis typically starts on the last Monday of August and lasts for 2 weeks?
A. French Open
B. US Open
C. Australian Open
27. Anne Frank made her final diary entry from a hiding place in Amsterdam on which day in 1944?
A. August 1
B. August 10
C. August 31
28. Which chemical element was discovered by the English chemist Joseph Priestley on August 1, 1774?
29. Which famous bridge in London was first opened on August 1, 1831?
A. Tower Bridge
B. Millennium Bridge
C. London Bridge
30. Which beverage brand was first sold in the United Kingdom in August 1900?
31. Which of the following things first appeared on the streets of London on August 3, 1926?
A. Traffic lights
B. Red telephone boxes
C. Double-decker buses
32. Which superhero was first introduced to the Marvel Comics by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee in August, 1962?
B. Captain America
What do you think about these August quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following July quiz.