December is synonymous with holidays. But there are more than just New Year’s Eve and Christmas in this special month of the year. Let’s take a look at the following 31 December quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
December Quiz Questions And Answers
1. In Great Britain, what do people mostly do during the Boxing Day, which occurs after Christmas Day?
A. To visit family and friends
B. To go shopping
C. To pray in churches
2. How many days are there in December?
3. In which religion do people celebrate Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights, at any time from late November to late December?
4. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in December each year in which European city?
A. Oslo, Norway
B. Stockholm, Sweden
C. Copenhagen, Denmark
5. What is the birthstone for the month of December?
6. What is the birth flower for the month of November?
C. Water lily
7. If you were born on December 15, what would be your zodiac sign?
8. The word “December” is derived from the Latin word “decem”. What does it literally mean?
9. Which of the following famous singers was born in December?
A. Billie Eilish
B. Ed Sheeran
C. Shawn Mendes
10. The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be held in which Asian country from 21 November to 18 December 2022?
11. Which of the following is the correct abbreviation for the month of December?
12. Galileo Galilei became the first person to observe which planet with his primitive telescope between December 1612 and January 1614?
13. On the evening of 8 December 1980, which famous singer was shot and killed in New York City by an obsessed fan?
A. John Lennon
B. Elvis Presley
C. Michael Jackson
14. On 20 December 1803, which territory was officially acquired by the United States from France for 15 million dollars?
15. In which of the following languages is the translation of the word “December” the same?
16. On 4 December 1952, which disaster lasted for 5 days and killed at least 4,000 people in London, England?
A. An earthquake
B. A flood
C. A heavy smog
17. Which piece of sports equipment was first invented in December 1862?
A. Badminton racquet
B. Tennis ball
C. Bowling ball
18. Which fast food restaurant chain opened its first location in Miami, Florida, on 4 December 1954?
A. Burger King
19. On 3 December 1967, the first-ever human-to-human transplant of which organ was performed by Dr Christiaan Barnard in South Africa?
20. Which famous comedian died of a stroke at the age of 88 on Christmas Day in 1977?
A. Buster Keaton
B. Charlie Chaplin
C. Stan Laurel
21. In which city do people celebrate New Year’s Eve by dropping a big crystal ball in Times Square?
A. London, United Kingdom
B. New York City, United States
C. Paris, France
22. In the Northern Hemisphere, when does the winter solstice occur in 2022?
A. 1 December
B. 11 December
C. 21 December
23. On 11 December 1997, the Kyoto Protocol was adopted by more than 150 countries to deal with which global issue?
A. Climate change
B. Lack of education
C. Malnourishment & hunger
24. Which of the following is the name for the full moon in December?
A. Full Worm Moon
B. Full Buck Moon
C. Full Cold Moon
25. On 2 December 1804, who became the first Frenchman to hold the title of emperor in a thousand years?
B. Napoleon Bonaparte
C. Charles de Gaulle
26. On 1 December 1990, which tunnel officially connected mainland Europe with Great Britain for the first time in 8,000 years?
A. Channel Tunnel
B. Laerdal Tunnel
C. Gotthard Base Tunnel
27. Which agency of the United Nations was established on 11 December 1946 to provide assistance and supplies to children?
28. On 28 December 1895, Auguste and Louis Lumiere opened the first commercial cinema in which city?
A. Brussels, Belgium
B. Paris, France
C. Berlin, Germany
29. Which country was gradually dissolved into 15 smaller nations from 16 November 1988 to 26 December 1991?
A. Ottoman Empire
C. Soviet Union
30. What was announced by Prince Charles and Princess Diana on 9 December 1992?
A. Their marriage
B. Their divorce
C. Diana’s pregnancy
31. Which country carried out a surprise military strike on Pearl Harbour n Hawaii on 7 December, 1941, which led to the formal entry of the United States into World War II?
What do you think about these December quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following November quiz or this alternative Xmas quiz.