With various textures and tastes, it can be hard to resist cheese. Indeed, many people around the world get addicted to these amazing products. With that in mind, let’s have a try at the following 35 cheese quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Cheese Quiz Questions And Answers
1. What is cheese made from?
2. Cheese can be a great source of which nutrient?
B. Vitamin A
3. What is the typical texture of Mozzarella cheese?
4. Cheddar cheese originates from which country?
5. Which country is the largest producer of cheese in the world?
B. The United States
6. What is special about Edam cheese?
A. It has a sweet taste
B. It is made from fish
C. It is produced backwards
7. Which type of cheese typically has holes on the surface?
A. Swiss cheese
B. Austrian cheese
C. Hungarian cheese
8. Which word is used to call the holes on the surface of Swiss cheese?
9. In a battle between Argentina and Uruguay in 1841, Edam cheese was used for which purpose?
A. A gun bullet
B. A cannonball
C. A bomb
10. In the 17th century, cheese was dyed in which colour to fool people into thinking that the product had a better quality?
11. Mascarpone cheese is typically used in making which dessert?
B. Chocolate pudding
12. Which of the following words refers to the fear of cheese?
13. “Curds and whey” is the other name of which type of cheese?
A. Feta cheese
B. Blue cheese
C. Cottage cheese
14. Sainte-Maure de Touraine is a type of French cheese made from the milk of which animal?
15. Who is a turophile?
A. A person who loves cheese
B. A scientist who studies cheese
C. A person who makes cheese
16. Feta is a type of white cheese made from sheep’s milk in which country?
17. Which enzyme is typically added to milk during the production of cheese?
18. Which brand of cheese is known as “La vache quirit” in French?
A. The Laughing Sheep
B. The Laughing Goat
C. The Laughing Cow
19. Gruyère is the most popular type of cheese in which European country?
20. What is the typical shape of Tetilla, a cow’s-milk cheese originating from Spain?
A. A breast
B. A ball
C. A star
21. Which of the following types of cheese has a pyramid-like shape?
A. Mahon cheese
B. Pouligny-Saint-Pierre cheese
C. Roquefort cheese
22. Which cathedral is depicted on the logo of Cathedral City, a brand of Cheddar cheese from the United Kingdom?
A. Wells Cathedral
B. Canterbury Cathedral
C. Durham Cathedral
23. Which cooking method is typically used for halloumi, a traditional type of cheese from Cyprus?
24. Which brand of cream cheese also has the same name as a city in the United States?
A. San Diego
25. Which country is the world’s largest exporter of cheese?
A. The United States
26. Which kind of cheese is the Stichelton?
A. Swiss cheese
B. Blue cheese
C. Cheddar cheese
27. Which country is mentioned in the following quote by Charles de Gaulle: “How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?”
28. What is the typical taste of the Monterey Jack, a type of semi-hard cheese from California?
A. Slightly salty
B. Completely plain
C. Slightly sweet
29. Which of the following dishes does NOT typically need cheese in the ingredient list?
30. Which type of seed is used to make Leyden, a type of semi-hard cheese originating from the Netherlands?
A. Chia seeds
B. Psyllium seeds
C. Caraway seeds
31. Which British monarch was given a 1000-pound wheel of Cheddar cheese in 1840 as a wedding gift?
A. Queen Victoria
B. Queen Elizabeth
C. Queen Anne
32. What is the best way to serve Fondue, a pot of melted cheese over a portable stove?
A. To mix it with pasta
B. To dip bread into the cheese
C. To spread it on grilled chicken
33. The French cheese Fromage blanc can be served as which dairy product?
B. Ice cream
34. Which type of leaves is typically used to wrap Cornish Yarg, a type of semi-hard cow’s milk cheese from Cornwall, the United Kingdom?
A. Grape leaves
B. Nettle leaves
C. Oak leaves
35. What is the typical color of Leicester cheese?
A. Orange or red
What do you think about these cheese quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following trivia pizza quiz.