More and more people choose to go vegan for many reasons, from health and environment to ethics and religion. Whether you want to follow this trend or want to learn more about it, let’s take a look at the following 32 vegan quiz questions and answers.
Vegan Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which famous singer went vegan at the age of 12 after growing up vegetarian?
A. Billie Eilish
C. Taylor Swift
2. Founded in 2009, which company is known for producing plant-based meat substitutes?
A. No More Meat
B. Meat Alternatives
C. Beyond Meat
3. Which country in the world has the largest share of vegetarians among the population?
4. Most mayonnaise products are not suitable for a vegan diet due to which ingredient?
C. Cow’s milk
5. Most vegans need to take supplements of which vitamin to ensure a sufficient intake?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin D
C. Vitamin B12
6. Made from wheat dough, which food is known as “wheat meat” and widely used in many vegetarian products?
7. Tofu is made from which type of beans?
B. Green beans
C. Kidney beans
8. Tofu originates from which country?
9. When do people celebrate World Vegan Day each year?
A. February 1st
B. June 1st
C. November 1st
10. Which is the first county in the United Kingdom to ban trawler fishing for the climate?
B. North Yorkshire
11. Many followers of which religion are vegetarians or vegans?
12. When did Ronald Watson found the Vegan Society, the oldest vegan organisation in the world, to promote veganism?
13. Which of the following types of meat has the highest carbon footprint?
14. Which famous chef once said that “the future is about a plant-based diet”?
A. Gordon Ramsay
B. Jamie Oliver
C. Anthony Bourdain
15. In 2020, the American actor Jack Black decided to stop eating red meat for which reason?
C. Environmental protection
16. Which European country has been promoting the “National Week Without Meat” since 2018?
C. The Netherlands
17. The main difference between a vegetarian and vegan diet is that vegetarians still consume which product?
18. Which of the following clothing materials comes from animal sources?
19. Which bakery chain in the United Kingdom first introduced its vegan sausage roll in 2019, which quickly became a popular option for vegans?
20. In 2000, which country in the United Kingdom became the first one in Europe to ban fur farming?
B. Northern Ireland
21. Before the word “vegan” became popular, which term was used by people who followed the vegan lifestyle in the 1940s?
22. Which of the following foods can be a good source of omega-3s on the vegan diet?
23. If you want to get a sufficient level of iron in the diet, which food can be a good choice?
24. Which fictional character in the animated TV series “The Simpsons” is a vegan?
A. Maggie Simpson
B. Lisa Simpson
C. Homer Simpson
25. Which elite Formula One driver has adopted a vegan diet since 2017 due to the influence of a friend?
A. Michael Schumacher
B. Sebastian Vettel
C. Lewis Hamilton
26. What is depicted on the European vegetarian label, which can be seen on many vegan products?
A. A V shape with a leaf
B. A sunflower with two leaves
C. Letter V in a heart
27. Which of the following facts is NOT true about the raw vegan diet?
A. It is based on raw plant-based foods
B. Foods can be consumed raw or cooked at low temperatures
C. Dairy products can be consumed
28. Which is known as “vegetable meat” as you can shred, chunk, or cook it like pork or chicken?
29. Which food is one of the only plant-based sources of vitamin D for a vegan diet?
30. Which utopian agrarian commune was founded in the 1840s in Massachusetts in which residents only drank water and did not eat animal substances?
31. TVP is a meat substitute in many vegan and vegetarian products. What does it stand for?
A. Technological Vegan Protein
B. Textured Vegetable Protein
C. Texted Vegetarian Protein
32. Which vegan dip is made from mashed, cooked chickpeas mixed with tahini, garlic, and lemon juice?
What do you think about these vegan quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and enjoy your time. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following healthy food quiz.