Cocktails are among favourite alcoholic drinks in the United Kingdom. From simple blends of juice, spirits, and sugar to more complex combinations of infused liquors and flavoured syrups, there is a variety of options to suit different people. Check out this list of trivia cocktails quiz questions and answers to have fun and learn more about them.
Cocktails Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Carbonated water, sugar, lemon juice, and gin are ingredients for which cocktail?
C. Tom Collins
2. What do we call a cocktail-style drink made without alcoholic ingredients?
3. What is the difference between a White Russian and a Black Russian cocktail?
A. A Black Russian cocktail is served in a mug, while a White Russian cocktail is served in a glass
B. A White Russian cocktail contains cream or milk
C. A Black Russian cocktail contains more gin
4. Which spirit is used in a Pina Colada cocktail?
5. How does 007 James Bond enjoy his Martini?
A. With a lot of ices
B. Shaken and not stirred
C. With more alcohol
6. Which of the following is the list of ingredients for a classic Old Fashioned?
A. Gin and ice
B. Soda water, sugar, whiskey, and rum
C. Orange twist, plain water, sugar, bitters, and bourbon
7. A “Sombrero” is a cocktail made with half-and-half cream and coffee liqueur. What is the other name of this beverage?
A. Colorado Bulldog
B. Muddy River
C. Oriental Rug
8. What ingredient makes a “John Collins” cocktail different from a “Tom Collins” cocktail?
9. Which red liquid gives some drinks, such as Shirley Temple”, the red colour?
A. Sweeten tomato juice
C. Cherry juice
10. How is the popular cocktail “Sex on the Beach” often served?
A. In a rocks glass
B. As a shot
C. Either A or B
11. Which of the following is a main ingredient in Dark ‘N Stormy?
A. Dark rum
12. Which of the following cocktails is not in a classic gimlet, which needs 2 specific ingredients?
13. Which ingredient is added to make a plain martini become a dirty martini?
B. More gin
C. Olive juice
14. Which of the following drinks is often served in a copper mug?
A. Moscow mule
C. Black velvet
15. Brandy, sweetener, chopped fruit, and wine are ingredients in which of the following cocktails?
B. Flaming volcano
16. Which of the following was a favourite drink of Ernest Hemingway?
17. Where does the word “Irish” in the cocktail “Irish coffee” come from?
A. The name of the drink’s birthplace: Ireland
B. The name of an ingredient: Irish whiskey
C. The green colour of the drink is reminiscent of Ireland
18. Which classic cocktail, consisting of Angostura bitters, vermouth, and bourbon, was popularised by Marilyn Monroe in the movie “Cocktail”?
19. In “Casino Royale”, James Bond invents which cocktail with Angostura bitters, white Lillet, vodka, lemon zest, and gin?
B. Tom Collins
C. Harvey Wallbanger
20. When did the first known written mention of cocktail appear as an alcoholic drink?
A. Around the 1800s
B. Around the 1850s
C. Around the 1900s
21. What is a highball cocktail?
A. Containing only a liqueur and a distilled spirit
B. Containing only a mixer and a distilled spirit
C. Containing a mixer, a distilled spirit, and a liqueur
22. Many of the official cocktails selected by the International Bartenders Association are which type of cocktail?
23. Which spirit is used in a Salty Dog?
24. What does it mean when a cocktail is served on the rocks?
A. Stirred or shaken with ice and then served or strained in a stemmed glass without ice
B. A single, unmixed liquor served without other mixers, ice, or water
C. Liquor poured over ice cubes and served in highball glasses
25. What are the main ingredients in a traditional Appletini?
A. Apple juice and gin
B. Apple Pucker and rum
C. Apple Pucker and vodka
26. Though Sazerac shares its name with a whiskey brand, which type of alcoholic drink is usually added in this cocktail rather than whiskey?
B. Dark rum
27. Which of the following drinks is not a variation of the Julep cocktail?
A. Rickey Julep
B. Whiskey Julep
C. Mint Julep
28. Which cocktail contains grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, and vodka?
A. Sea Breeze
B. Cuba Libre
C. Kir Royale
29. “Pina colada”, literally meaning strained pineapple, is the national drink of which country?
C. Puerto Rico
30. The Sidecar cocktail was first invented at the end of World War I in which European country?
31. Which of the following cocktails should not be served in a highball glass?
A. Sex on the Beach
B. Tequila Sunrise
32. Harvey Wallbanger is a mixed drink made with Galliano, vodka, and which fruit juice?
A. Orange juice
B. Lemon juice
C. Apple juice
33. A pineapple wedge should not be used to garnish which of the following cocktails?
B. Mai Tai
C. Pina Colada
34. Which of the following ingredients is not typical in Long Island Iced Tea?
35. The last one in this list of cocktails quiz questions and answers: Which cocktail mixes Sambuca and Baileys Irish Cream?
A. Curacao Punch
B. Slippery Nipple
C. Irish Car Bomb
How do you think about these cocktails quiz questions and answers? We hope you have enjoyed the quiz with your friends and learned many interesting facts. For more challenges, make sure to check out the following wine quiz, or this trivia bartending quiz.