Are you a fan of the Middle Earth and “Lord of the rings? Do you think you are well-versed in the realm of elves, wizards, dwarves, and hobbits? Then take these 41 trivia Lord of the Rings quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about this great trilogy.
Lord of the Rings Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Who says “Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the ring.”
2. What are exactly the Two Watchers?
A. Carved statues on the entrance to the Cirith Ungol Tower
B. Massive statues of Anarion and Isildur standing on the River Anduin
C. Two rivers flowing through and creating the borders in the Gap of Rohan
3. What are Palantiri?
A. 3 powerful given to the Elves.
B. 7 seeing stones
C. 3 jewels made by Fëanor
4. What is the Front Porch?
A. The tavern where Aragorn first met the hobbits
B. The plains in the East of Mordor
C. The hidden entrance in the Misty Mountains to the goblin town
5. How does Farmer Maggot protect his farm, also known as the Bamfurlong, from people?
A. Three trained dogs
B. A shape-shifting bear/man
C. A swarm of bees
6. Which of these is not the Elvish language?
7. Who is Snaga?
A. The Great Goblin which is the leader of the goblins in the Misty Mountains
B. A fire drake lived in the Lonely Mountain to protect his gold
C. An orc died in the Cirith Ungol Tower
8. What occurs in the Wellinghall?
A. It is the place where Treebeard invites Pippin and Merry to stay prior to the Entmoot
B. It is an Entish castle holding the Entmoot
C. It is the tower where Saruman commands his forces
9. What marks the beginning of the Third Age?
A. The elimination of Beleriand after the Wrath War
B. The death of Sauron when the One Ring is destroyed
C. The victory of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves over Sauron
10. Which name do the Elves use to call the Hobbits?
A. The Periannath
B. The Mellon
C. The Onodrim
11. What occurs to Lobelth Sackville-Baggins after the War of the Rings?
A. She becomes corrupted and transforms into a Ringwraith by Saruman
B. She is imprisoned in a lock hole
C. She dies and donates her money to help the Hobbits
12. What are exactly Morgul-wounds?
A. The name of an Elf who gives up immortality
B. Wounds caused by the Nazgul
C. Siege towers used for attacking the Minas Tirith by Orcs
13. What Sindarin word was Aragorn known by when he was a child?
A. Estel, which means “trust” or “hope”
B. Amdir, which means “looking up”
C. Aeluin, which means “blue lake.”
14. What do Imrahil, Aragorn, Eomer, Gandalf, Elrohir, and Elladan decide in the Last Debate?
A. The number of people to fight Sauron in the Morannon Battle
B. Who to annihilate the Ring of Power
C. How to punish Uruk-hai
15. Who is Elanor the Fair, also known as Elanor Gardner?
A. The daughter of Rosie Cotton and Samwise Gamgee
B. The mother of Legolas and Queen of Mirkwood
C. One of the 9 humans who is given the Ring of Power
16. Which of those weapons isn’t found in the Troll’s Cave?
A. Orcrist the Goblin-cleaver
17. Who participates in the Battle of Isengard?
A. The Galadhrim of Lothlórien versus Orcs of Dol Guldur
B. King Théoden’s Rohirrim versus Sauron’s forces
C. The Ents versus Sauron’s forces
18. Which of those isn’t a public inn in the Middle Earth?
A. The Prancing Pony
B. The Green Dragon
C. The Southern Star
19. Which type of creature is the Spawn of Ungoliant?
A. Hill Giants
C. Giant Spiders
20. What is the Khazad-dum Bridge?
A. The bridge on the Brandywine River that marks the end of Shire
B. The mythical gateway between Valinor and Middle-Earth
C. The bridge in the Great Gates of Moria in which Gandalf faces the Balrog
21. What is “Durin’s Fold” often known as?
B. Great Eagles
C. Forrest Elves
22. Who is not affected by the Ring?
23. Which metal is the armoured shirt of Frodo made out of?
24. What is Bilbo’s home called?
B. Bag Shot
C. Bag End
25. In the movies, how many times does Frodo Baggins put on the Ring?
26. Where is Legolas’s home?
C. Fangorn Forest
27. The movie version of the Lord of the Rings has … parts?
28. Which fake name does Frodo Baggins choose for himself after departing from the Shire?
A. Mr. Underfoot
B. Mr. Underhill
C. Mr. Proudfoot
29. What is the exact number of Ringwraiths?
30. Which race of beings did Sauron use to be a member of?
31. What gift does Frodo Baggins get from Galadriel?
A. The Elven Rope
B. The Phial of Galadriel
C. A silver belt
32. What do the hobbits actually smoke?
33. Who is the author of the Lord of the Rings?
A. J. R. R. Tolkien
B. Peter Jackson
C. J. K. Rowling
34. How many members of the Fellowship die during the trilogy?
35. How many Rings of Power were forged at the beginning?
36. Who wore the blue brooch Tom Bombadil took from the barrow?
C. We don’t know
37. Where does Frodo go at the end of the Return of the King?
A. Undying Lands
C. Misty Mountains
38. What is the first of the three volumes of the Lord of the Rings?
A. The Return of the King
B. The Two Towers
C. The Fellowship of the Ring
39. Each wizard in the Lord of the Rings is distinguished by the colour of their cloak. What are the two colours of Gandalf’s cloak?
A. Red and blue
B. Grey and white
C. Green and brown
40. Which race is Legolas?
41. What are Ents?
A. An army of dead soldiers
B. Talking trees
C. A group of legendary kings of men