Mother’s Day is a special event when both children and adults think about their mothers. It is a great time to say thanks to the person who gives birth, bring up, take care of, and love us more than anyone else. Check out the following trivia Mother’s day quiz questions and answers to see how much you know about it.
Mother’s Day Quiz Questions And Answers
1. The modern Mother’s Day was first celebrated in which country?
B. The United States
2. Which of the following flowers are often associated with Mother’s Day?
3. In which month is Mother’s Day celebrated in Canada, Australia, and the United States?
4. In the Roman Catholic Church, Mother’s Day is most associated with admiration for whom?
A. Virgin Mary
B. Mary Magdalene
5. What is the most popular gift purchased for Mother’s Day?
6. Which U.S President officially issued a proclamation to establish Mother’s Day?
A. Woodrow Wilson
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. William H. Taft
7. Which country awarded medals to mothers with large families in the 1920s?
8. Which was the first country to dedicate one day just for mothers?
B. New Zealand
9. Which holiday was the precursor to the modern Mother’s Day in the United Kingdom?
A. Mother’s Feast
B. Mothering Sunday
C. Feast Day
10. Which scientist won two Nobel Prize awards and was also the mother of a Nobel Prize Winner?
A. Alice Kipling
B. Pauline Koch Einstein
C. Marie Curie
11. “Mother of Presidents” is the nickname of which U.S. state because 8 former U.S. Presidents were born and raised there?
C. North Carolina
12. Which of the following songs by the Beatles was inspired by Mary, the mother of Paul McCartney?
A. Let It Be
C. In My Life
13. Mother’s ruin is the other name of which alcoholic drink?
14. The U.S. actress Kate Hudson is the daughter of which famous mother?
A. Meryl Streep
B. Meg Ryan
C. Goldie Hawn
15. In the former Yugoslavia, what would children do to get treats from their mother?
A. To tell a joke to their mother
B. To tie up their mother
C. To hug their mother
16. What is the name of the estranged mother of Homer Simpson?
17. In Greek mythology, who is the mother of the gods?
18. In which movie is there a computer named “Mother”?
C. Blade Runner
19. In which country do people celebrate Durga-puja, a 10-day event around September or October that pays homage to Durga – the mother goddess?
20. Mother Theresa found her missionary in which Indian city?
B. New Deli
21. Complete the following saying: … is the mother of invention.
22. “Mother and Child” is an artwork that depicts a calf and a cow bisected and preserved in 4 separate tanks of formaldehyde. What is the type of this artwork?
C. Wax figure
23. Which song by John Lennon bears the name of his mother, who tragically died in a vehicle accident?
24. Carnations are a popular flower on Mother’s Day because many Christians believe that they were made from what of Mary?
25. Who is the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry?
A. Queen Elizabeth I
B. Princess Diana
C. Lady Sarah McCorquodale
26. What is the other name of nacre, a composite material produced from some molluscs?
A. Mother of pearl
B. Mother of shell
C. Mother of oyster
27. What does the word “mother” mean in Latin?
28. “Mamma Mia” is a hit by which pop group?
A. Boney M
C. The Doors
29. In Tibet, people refer to what as “The Goddess Mother”?
A. Potala Palace
B. Namtso Lake
C. Mount Everest
30. Which of the following cakes is often made to celebrate Mothering Sunday in the United Kingdom?
A. Simnel cake
B. Sponge cake
C. Tipsy cake
31. In which country was the Nobel laureate and Catholic missionary Mother Teresa born?
32. Monique Delacroix is the mother of which fictional character?
A. James Bond
B. Harry Potter
33. Elizabeth Fry is often referred to as “The Mother of Prison Reform”. Where can everyone see her picture regularly?
A. In front of many prisons
B. On the back of a banknote
C. In public buildings
34. In the British sitcom “The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin”, which vision came up on the television screen whenever Reginald thought of his mother-in-law?
A. A witch
B. A mermaid
C. A hippopotamus
35. Where were these words spoken: “Let’s get this mother out of here”?
A. On the moon
B. In the ocean
C. On top of Mount Everest