The cuisine is an important part of culture and identity in every country around the world. Check out the following 33 trivia national dishes quiz questions and answers to see how much you know.
National Dishes Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which of the following is the main ingredient in Chivito, the national dish of Uruguay?
A. Beef steak
B. Fried chicken
C. Grilled pork
2. Pho, a soup dish containing meat, herbs, rice noodles, and broth, is the national dish of which Asian country?
3. Italy has several national dishes on the list, but which of the following is not one of them?
4. Hákarl is the national dish of Iceland. What does the name literally mean?
A. Fermented shark
B. Fermented whale
C. Fermented salmon
5. In which country do people eat kimchi, a traditional side dish of fermented and salted veggies?
B. South Korea
6. Poutine, a dish of cheese curds and French fries topped with brown gravy, is a symbol of which Canadian region?
A. British Columbia
7. Gyro or gyros, made from meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie, is the national dish of which country?
8. What is the other name of bigos, the national dish of Poland containing chopped meat, shredded cabbage, and sauerkraut?
A. Hunter’s stew
B. Farmer’s stew
C. Soldier’s stew
9. What is the distinctive colour of borscht, the national dish of Ukraine?
10. What is the national dish of the United States?
A. French fries
C. Fried chicken
11. Which of the following is the national dish of Britain?
A. Hainanese chicken rice
B. Mountain chicken
C. Chicken tikka masala
12. Which type of food is crepe, the national dish of France?
13. Which country’s national dish is called doner kebab, basically a wrap filled with roasted veal or lamb?
14. The national dish of Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria contains which staple product of North Africa?
B. Camel meat
15. The national dish of which country is called ackee and saltfish?
16. Pad thai is the national dish of Thailand. What does the word “pad” literally mean?
C. Stir fry
17. Apple pie is widely considered to be the national dessert of the United States. When was the dish introduced to America by European migrants?
A. 17th century
B. 18th century
C. 19th century
18. Which kind of bread is used to wrap veggies and meat in tacos, the famous national dish of Mexico?
B. Pita bread
19. Which the following facts is NOT true about sushi, the national dish of Japan?
A. Rice is mixed with vinegar
B. Salmon or tuna is steamed
C. It is usually served cold
20. Fondue, the national dish of Switzerland, can be eaten by dipping bread into what?
A. Melted cheese
B. Melted chocolate
C. Steamed honey
21. The national dish of which country is named after its capital?
A. China (Peking duck)
B. Iran (Persian bun)
C. Austria (Tyrolean Speck)
22. The Pope’s Fettuccine is the national dish of which country?
C. Vatican City
23. The national dish of Hungary is a stew of meat and veggies seasoned with spices. What is it called?
A. Foie gras
C. Hortobágyi palacsinta
24. Which kind of jam is often served with Köttbullar, the national dish of Sweden?
A. Lingonberry jam
B. Blackberry jam
C. Strawberry jam
25. Which species of fish is typically used for making fish and chips, the national dish of the United Kingdom?
26. Which special ingredient in Spanish omelette, the national dish of Spain, makes it different from other types of omelette?
27. Which type of meat is sautéed to make the national dish of Finland?
A. Polar bear
28. Currywurst and bratwurst are the famous national dishes of Germany. What does the word “wurst” mean?
29. In which African country do people serve a spongy pita bread called injera in almost every meal?
30. Which kind of food is needed to cook ceviche, the national dish of Peru?
A. Dairy products
31. The national dish of Brazil is feijoada, a stew of pork or beef and which ingredient?
32. What is the national dish of Grenada, a stew of chicken, turmeric, dumplings, and breadfruit?
A. Water down
B. Oil down
C. Vinegar down
33. Bobotie, which contains spices, dried fruit, minced meat, and baked-egg topping, is the national dish of which country?
A. Saudi Arabia
B. South Africa
What do you think about these national dishes quiz questions and answers? We hope you learn some interesting facts and find out what to eat when travelling. For more challenges on the same topic, check out the following cooking quiz.