Yoga, a meditative practice that unifies the mind and body. Do you think you’re a certified yogi or meditative neophyte? Take these trivia Yoga Quiz Questions and Answers to know how much you really know about this ancient Hindu tradition.
Yoga Quiz Questions and Answers
1. The word “yoga” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning what?
2. What is not one principle taught in yoga?
A. Proper exercise
3. Which country does yoga originate from?
4. There are eight stages of training for a yogi. What is the final stage (apart from ‘moksha’)?
5. What does ‘hatha’ mean?
A. Sun and Moon
B. Fire and Water
C. Light and Dark
6. What is chakra?
A. Energy center
B. Prayer point
7. How many chakras are in the human body?
8. What does ‘namaste’ mean?
A. “Salutations to you”
B. “Have a good day”
C. “Thank you”
9. What is a yogi?
A. A yoga instructor
B. A yoga learner
C. The highest title given to a performer of yoga
10. There are twenty-six postures that make up Bikram Yoga. Which of these is not one of those postures?
A. Cobra Pose
B. Tree Pose
C. Sun Salutation Pose
11. Where is Kundalini located?
A. the base of the spine
B. the brain
C. the whole body
12. What is not one way to awaken Kundalini, according to hatha yoga?
B. Mula Bandha
13. What is the system of nerves that connects chakras and is where energy flows through?
14. Kundalini comes from the term “Kunda” which is a cavity for what particular animal?
15. Which chakra signifies the process of enlightenment?
16. What is the true meaning of yoga?
A. Spiritual union
B. Attaining freedom
C. Physical health
17. Which of the following terms means freedom?
18. Which word refers to the duty of a person to maintain harmony in the world?
19. The repetition of a holy mantra or phrase is known as what?
20. What is the term used for ignorance?
21. What are the Yamas?
A. Moral and ethical rules or goals
B. The holy scriptures of Hinduism
C. Occult or psychic powers
22. Where is the fourth chakra located?
23. Which type of yoga focuses primarily on exercise and physical techniques?
A. Hatha yoga
B. Jnana yoga
C. Raja yoga
24. Which of these is not the name of one of the seven chakras?
25. What would not be helpful to do when meditating?
A. Think of problems
B. Picture a peaceful place
C. Concentrate on a color
26. What are the three things you need for a session of Bikram yoga?
A. Mat / Book / Music
B. Mat / Towel / Water
C. Mat / Incense / Coffee
27. What is one of the most important objectives during yoga?
A. Correct breathing
B. Physical strength
28. Bikram yoga is a form of what type of yoga?
A. Hot yoga
B. Forrest yoga
C. Hatha yoga
29. In what state of what country was the founder of Bikram yoga born?
A. West Bengal, India
B. Jharkhand, India
C. Andhra Pradesh, India
30. What is not one of the four main types of yoga?
A. Forrest yoga
B. Bhakti yoga
C. Karma yoga
31. Which of the following is the ‘guna’ of passion?
32. Which of these, according to Yoga philosophy, is a state of consciousness of neither wake nor sleep?
33. Based upon Yoga philosophy, which of these are the two entities that make up the universe?
A. Prakrti & Purusa
B. Shiva & Dharma
C. Veda & Virne
34. What are Granthi knots?
A. The first 3 composite chakras
B. The eye of Brahma
C. The knots of Nadi
35. What is the practice in Kundalini where the meditator exits his physical form and enters some sort of astral state called?
A. Siva’s breathing
B. Brahman’s gate
C. Death’s sleep
36. Who is credited with advancing the practice of yoga in the United States in the 1960s?
A. Swami Satchidananda
B. Bikram Choudhury
C. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
Did you have fun taking these trivia Yoga Quiz Questions and Answers? Would you like to learn about something else? Well, if so, check this trivia quiz with Bible topics, this Athletics quiz, swimming trivia, or click here to learn more about natural disasters.